trade still costs money?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Houtje

trade still costs money?

Post by Houtje »

I'm a bit confused; I thought I'd read that trade routes no longer cost money to maintain. However, I have, as Russia, a lot of trade agreements with many other nations; all of those proposed by those other nations. But my Economy page says I'm still paying about 90 gold per turn for upkeep - most of these trade agreements are already in place for over a year. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thank,
Houtje
evwalt

RE: trade still costs money?

Post by evwalt »

The money "cost" is the amount of money you have pledged in trade (ie. Russia offers 3 money for 2 textiles--would show "3 money" as a cost).

Look on the economy page for the resources going out/in (in the above example, should should Imports +2 textiles).

Russia should almost never be trading money as it is cash poor. Are you sure it is not a "-#" (ie. negative). That would represent income RECEIVED from trade.
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
Houtje

RE: trade still costs money?

Post by Houtje »

Argh, what an idiot I am. It is indeed a negative number, so in fact I'm making lots of money by trading! Thank you.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”