Play by e-mail

Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents Ancient and Medieval combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield. This forum also supports the Rise of Rome, Storm of Arrows and Immortal Fire expansions to Field of Glory.
sfinlay

Play by e-mail

Post by sfinlay »

Hi

The product data for Field Of Glory mentions Plat by E-mail. I can't seem to find a mention of this in the rules.
How would I go about this ?
Is it just a case of playing your turn then sending the file to your opponent ? or am I missing something ?
many thanks.
jomni

RE: Play by e-mail

Post by jomni »

The slick multiplayer interface is actualy PBEM in nature.
It just has a centralized server to do the matchmaking and the sending of emails to one another.

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

All you do is click multiplayer - seletc who you want to play or issue a challenge if there is nobody you want available. Then wait for someone to accept it. All in the game UI so ina few clicks you are playing online against a live opponent. You dont have to be online simultaneously and are notified by email when it is your turn. You can have 20 games active at any one time.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
sfinlay

Post by sfinlay »

Thanks guys. I'll give it a go when I have some spare time.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

All you do is click multiplayer - seletc who you want to play or issue a challenge if there is nobody you want available. Then wait for someone to accept it. All in the game UI so ina few clicks you are playing online against a live opponent. You dont have to be online simultaneously and are notified by email when it is your turn. You can have 20 games active at any one time.

How about if there is a specific person that you want to start a game with, how do you do that?
Tony
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

issue a challenge, password protect it and send your opponent the password so only he can accept the challenge.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

issue a challenge, password protect it and send your opponent the password so only he can accept the challenge.

Thanks Chris. That sounds pretty simple!
Tony
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Every time I click Multiplayer from the main menu, it fails to connect saying that the serial number is not registered. What must I do? [&:]
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

Quote Iain McNeil.
Note you need a Slitherine username not your Matrix one to use the multiplayer server.

Hope that helps.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I have a Slitherine user name for the forums, but how do I make it work through the game? Is there a place to enter this data?
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

Watch this Vid hope this helps.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41t0ZM2rpxM
That should cover it all i hope.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Thanks for the link. However, I can't even get that menu to pop up as I get this:

Attachments
MultiplayerMessage.jpg
MultiplayerMessage.jpg (9.58 KiB) Viewed 84 times
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

Yeah...someone already had that see tech support...Guy's name NRS.
If you registered the game with them then you should be good to go.
Other than that contact Iain.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I posted over in the forum at Slitherine. I registered the game here at Matrix. Thanks for your help. I was hoping for a simple fix, but I guess not. Thanks again. [&o]
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

You are more than welcome...[8D]

Hope you win some Multi P games!!!

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is very odd - we'll look in to it but it should just be a simple click and you are in. Apologies to anyone having problems as we tried hard to make this a really easy to use system!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Thanks Iain. I really enjoy this game and I've waited to play multiplayer until I got relatively good at playing. Now's the time. [;)] I was bummed out when I got this message. I'm looking forward to trying multiplayer out. [:)]
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I just disabled my firewall (COMODO) and also anti virus (avast!) and I still received the same message. [8|]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Larry,

You can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your serial number and account name if you want and we can follow up directly with Slitherine on this.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

For anyone having this problem it is because of a bug in the client. We will fix it ASAP but a work around for now is to manually register your serial numbers on the following link:

http://www.slitherine.com/register_serial.php

You need to use your Slitherine username and password and select the game you want to register and then add your serial number.

Sorry for any inconvenience but this will get you going and we'll fix the bug in the client in the next patch.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Field of Glory Series”