Baker Is. Port Won't Build/Engineer Vehicles Won't Unload

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cfulbright

Baker Is. Port Won't Build/Engineer Vehicles Won't Unload

Post by cfulbright »

I have installed Patch 1095. I'm trying to build the port at Baker Island from level 0. With 12 engineers of the Bobcat Seabees onshore in Combat mode, the port still shows 0% built. Also, I'm trying the land the Engineer Vehicles from that unit from an Amphib TF, and they won't unload.

I thought this was going to be fixed in this patch. Anything I'm missing?
witpqs

RE: Baker Is. Port Won't Build/Engineer Vehicles Won't Unload

Post by witpqs »

Just curious - did the game begin with Patch 2, or did you continue it from earlier?
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

I continued the game from earlier. I started it with the original release, patched the first 1084 release, and now the 1095 release.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Well, IIRC the fix won't work for that. I had the same query (I think it was fixed in Patch 1???) and was told that the fix was to an error in how the code mistakenly looked at level 0 ports as 'primary airfields', meaning inland airfields (no port at all). When that happens the data in the save is (basically) wrong for that base. Apparently you need to start a new game to have a clean slate. (James, Michael, jump in if I have that wrong!)

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about a game in progress.
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

witpqs - thanks for the reply. Are you a Matrix employee? Can I take your response as official and the final word? If not, can someone from Matrix please reply on this?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

witpqs - thanks for the reply. Are you a Matrix employee? Can I take your response as official and the final word? If not, can someone from Matrix please reply on this?

No, and no. BTW, all or almost all the programming and other work done on AE was by the volunteers of the AE team. Hats off to them.
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

witpqs - I did understand something along those lines, and I thank them and you for your volunteer efforts on this great game.

But I assume this is the Matrix Games Tech Support Forum and how they provide support for the games they sell, so I was hoping to get someone from Matrix (or optionally the AE team) to give a definitive response. So far I haven't seen anyone in an official capacity reply to this post.
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

witpqs is correct.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

I certify that BigJ62 is posting an official response!!! [:)]
AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Thanks for the confirmations. I won't waste any more time with the Amphib task force parked at Baker Island. I just don't know what to do with the fragments of two Marine Def Bns and a CB Bn. Maybe they can maintain the flowerbeds at Pearl.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Thanks for the confirmations. I won't waste any more time with the Amphib task force parked at Baker Island. I just don't know what to do with the fragments of two Marine Def Bns and a CB Bn. Maybe they can maintain the flowerbeds at Pearl.

Just load up the engineer units on Baker and take them elsewhere to rejoin their other fragments.

Return to “Tech Support”