War Plan Orange Admirals Edition

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

hellfirejet

War Plan Orange Admirals Edition

Post by hellfirejet »

I have decided since, there is very little chance of War Plan Orange,being upgraded or patched in the near or even distant future,that I have been left with no alternative, but to MATE WAR PLAN ORANGE WITH WAR IN THE PACIFIC ADMIRALS EDITION,since I own both games and WITP AE has a far better editor and graphics and AI.[:D]

I started by making a copy of WAR IN THE PACIFIC AE, and I then renamed it WAR PLAN ORANGE ADMIRALS EDITION,I then deleted all the ship and aircraft art from the WITP AE copy,and input the Ship and aircraft art from WAR PLAN ORANGE,I now have all the old ships and aircraft in the WITP AE program,with it's much improved surroundings,I tested the game and it works great,plus I now have the new editor to work with,so my new major task is changing all devices etc in the AE EDITOR,with 1920s equpiment,big task but I will make it work.[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Matto

RE: War Plan Orange Admirals Edition

Post by Matto »

GREAT ! You are my hero [&o]
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

pmn25

Post by pmn25 »

sounds good I dont know why the matrix team is focused on updating another WWII game when WITPAE just came out, I mean how many do we need. It would be nice if they came back and gave WPO a face lift. I mean this game could be made way better given the WITPAE engine etc. Please team matrix relize the potential WPO still has.
tex

Post by tex »

Wow Graham, you are really amazing! The concept of making a Frankenstein´s monster from WITP AE is just brilliant, congratulations. I can just imagine when it worked for the first time, you screaming out "it´s alive!!!" [:)]
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

This is awesome! [8D]
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hey guys this won't happen over night,it will take time but I will make it happen,I will be transfering as much as possible to the ADMIRALS EDITION EDITOR,to get the WAR PLAN ORANGE database working smooth in it's new home,just like the WAR IN THE PACIFIC original was given a face lift,well so will War Plan Orange[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

The two programs can become one,the ship and aircraft art work works the same way in both versions,so my plan is to index the device database so everything is better orginised,I also plan to add the German airforce complete with Zeppelins[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

I know nothing about programming game software or how the AI works, but what I do know, is a great deal about naval history,and with the LAND & AIR FORCE STRENGHTS already in place from WITP AE they will still be used but with WAR PLAN ORANGE EQUIPMENT![8D]

I think WAR PLAN ORANGE deserves nothing less than a major face lift and overhaul,what do you guys think yes /no?[:D]

I'm fed up waiting for something to happen,well if Matrix want's to let this great game fade away and die,it won't happen on my watch thats for sure sod them,we can do it ourselves[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

As you all know by now, I have been adding new art work,and changing the devices and all that goes with everything in the editor to make it all work together,when I thought why not do it all from scratch but using the ADMIRALS EDITION EDITOR,so that is what I'm doing,so in the future WAR PLAN ORANGE will be an Admirals Edition hehehehehe[:D]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Here is a quick comparison between the standard War Plan Orange/WITP Editor X and WITP Admirals Edition Editors.

War Plan Orange/WITP Editor X. War In The Pacific Admirals Edition Editor.

MAXIMUM DEVICES = 1,000 MAXIMUM DEVICES = 2,000
MAXIMUM SHIP CLASSES = 2,000 MAXIMUM SHIP CLASSES = 5,000
MAXIMUM SHIPS IN DATABASE = 10,000 MAXIMUM SHIPS IN DATABASE = 20,000

As you can see War Plan Orange can now have at least twice the capacity it had before,so plenty of room for expansion.[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

tex

Post by tex »

Well Graham, I think you will be quite busy creating ships in the years to come!
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

The futures bright the futures War plan Orange[:D]

I'm busy using the Admirals Edition Editor today,I'm inputting all USA Naval guns etc[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

1st Admirals Edition screen shot of USA Aircraft Carrier Langley for War Plan Orange.[;)]

The adventure begins,she is the first of many,I had to start somewhere so I thought the USA 1st Carrier should be it[8D]

Update since this photo was taken the USA 9 classes off (25) Pre-Dreadnoughts + 10 classes of Dreadnoughts up to the cancelled South Dakota's,have also all been added to the game[:D]

Attachments
USSLangle..eenshot.jpg
USSLangle..eenshot.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Regards,
Graham.

comte

Post by comte »

This would be a huge undertaking Graham maybe you could do the stock 1922 scenario first and take it from there and add varients later. Doing that scenario first could get some people excited about the project and get the ball rolling. It would be cool if Tankerace could share some of those oob's that he had for the 1.3 patch or at least the sources for them maybe we could see some of the sampans floating around. [8D]
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Graham,

While I applaud your effort I must insist that if you do finish your mod, which is actually a recopying of my work, that it be in the form of ONLY a how to guide, or done in such a way as to require the original War Plan Orange game. While I am not opposed to the idea -- though you should have sought my permission first as you are using what I devoted 15 months of my life to doing, I cannot support anything that would make War Plan Orange in essence a freeware download for AE. If so, I will ask the AE team to place codes in to prevent WPO scenarios from being run just as we did in WitP.

If you would like help I will assist in any way I can, but WPO is still a product that I developed and receive money for and I would appreciate that this mod be listed simply as a how to guide, or include only scenario files so that original WPO files will still be required by the end user.

Moderator hat off, I lost the 1.3 OOB two years ago, and I have yet to have time to restart work on it. It may happen, but no promises.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

This would be a huge undertaking Graham maybe you could do the stock 1922 scenario first and take it from there and add varients later. Doing that scenario first could get some people excited about the project and get the ball rolling. It would be cool if Tankerace could share some of those oob's that he had for the 1.3 patch or at least the sources for them maybe we could see some of the sampans floating around. [8D]

If it's Sampans you want that is easy,the art work for them is so so simple,I will take the time out and do just that for you Aces8,so that you can add them to your game.

Live Long & Prosper[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

tex

Post by tex »

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

Moderator hat off, I lost the 1.3 OOB two years ago, and I have yet to have time to restart work on it. It may happen, but no promises.

Hi Tankerace, it is nice to see you still remember us here [:)]

In all fairness to Graham, he has in no way intimated, hinted, or otherwise said anything about violating someone´s copyright. The only work he has offered for free is his own ship art, which greatly enhances the game.

The above quote from your post illustrates the reason Graham´s work is necessary. It has been three years since the last patch, and we haven´t heard anything official from anyone since 2008, when you last posted here. In short, we feel like orphans, and that Matrix has pretty much abandoned this game due to its niche factor.

However, we are paying customers, and most of us own WITP as well, so perhaps we deserve a little better than to be kept in the dark about any future developments, and, what is worse, to have our requests for information totally ignored (check out the last few posts here: tm.asp?m=994524 ). While I appreciate your concern for your work (which was great btw), I am sad that you chose to start your post to Graham with a shot across his bow. It was not what you could call a customer oriented way of responding.

Good luck with your endeavours, and I hope Matrix sees fit to throw us a bone from time to time.

Tex
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Graham,

While I applaud your effort I must insist that if you do finish your mod, which is actually a recopying of my work, that it be in the form of ONLY a how to guide, or done in such a way as to require the original War Plan Orange game. While I am not opposed to the idea -- though you should have sought my permission first as you are using what I devoted 15 months of my life to doing, I cannot support anything that would make War Plan Orange in essence a freeware download for AE. If so, I will ask the AE team to place codes in to prevent WPO scenarios from being run just as we did in WitP.

If you would like help I will assist in any way I can, but WPO is still a product that I developed and receive money for and I would appreciate that this mod be listed simply as a how to guide, or include only scenario files so that original WPO files will still be required by the end user.

Tankerace I want you and WAR PLAN ORANGE to benefit here,any work and effort that I'm putting in, is for the War Plan Orange gamers,when I first bought this game,I was in two minds if I should or not,because this forum was virtually dead,nothing was happening here,yet this is the time period I'm most interested in other than Napoleonic as per my avatar,I don't want all them ***** Aircraft that Admirals Edition rams down our throats,planes suck!!!

I want ships,I want big ships and that is what War Plan Orange provides me with,I want this game to be massive and be as popular as War In The Pacific Admirals Edition forum is,there are always plenty of new threads and debates there,well that is what I want to see here as well,WAR PLAN ORANGE IS A FANTASTIC GAME!!! but it is being left in limbo it deserves more than that. Please enlighten us poor gamers here as to it's future,Matrix are not doing enough to support this game,it badly needs a face lift,the original art work is to say the least pretty basic,there is so much more can be done with this game,it needs a what if Scenario based in the time period the Pre-Dreadnoughts & Dreadnoughts were at there zenith in popularity say 1880 - 1920 time frame,This game starts when the demise off the Battleship was it's own future,it should be based on when they were the dominate power at sea battle of Jutland for example,the second largest fleet in the world had just been scuttled namely the German High Seas Fleet,so for me the game misses the boat by approx 20 years in my honest opinion.

So I say here to you Tankerace and Matrix give us a sign that this game is not dead, and that it does indeed still have a pulse,for it has been in a coma for far to long,we want WAR PLAN ORANGE to grow stronger and thrive[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

ORIGINAL: tex

Hi Tankerace, it is nice to see you still remember us here [:)]

In all fairness to Graham, he has in no way intimated, hinted, or otherwise said anything about violating someone´s copyright. The only work he has offered for free is his own ship art, which greatly enhances the game.

The above quote from your post illustrates the reason Graham´s work is necessary. It has been three years since the last patch, and we haven´t heard anything official from anyone since 2008, when you last posted here. In short, we feel like orphans, and that Matrix has pretty much abandoned this game due to its niche factor.

However, we are paying customers, and most of us own WITP as well, so perhaps we deserve a little better than to be kept in the dark about any future developments, and, what is worse, to have our requests for information totally ignored (check out the last few posts here: tm.asp?m=994524 ). While I appreciate your concern for your work (which was great btw), I am sad that you chose to start your post to Graham with a shot across his bow. It was not what you could call a customer oriented way of responding.

Good luck with your endeavours, and I hope Matrix sees fit to throw us a bone from time to time.

Tex

Thanks Tex my sentiments entirely,I want to see TANKERACE pay more attention to his dying baby,give it some love and attention it craves for.Tankerace I'm 200% on your side it's your game I only want to help[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Actually Tankerace while I think about it,Nothing is being used from WAR PLAN ORANGE EXCEPT THE SHIP AND AIRCRAFT ART WORK, as I copied my Admiral edition WAR IN THE PACIFIC and renamed it WAR PLAN ORANGE ADMIRALS EDITION,so in fact other than the name War Plan Orange nothing else is used from it,and since I'm redoing all the art work and not using the originals,all the art work will be done by me, I'm also doing every Naval gun,every torpedo,every depth charge,in fact every device from scratch by using my own reference books, and internet searches for other information, so I say again nothing from the War Plan Orange database is being used here,so as I'm doing all the work therefore it is my baby to be perfectly blunt and not yours,only thing is I'm doing it all free[:@]

You should be glad Tankerace that at least I'm trying to revive WAR PLAN ORANGE,no in fact what I'm trying to do is revive the age of the DREADNOUGHT[&:]

So the game title is now Dreadnoughts at war 1880-1920[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”