Clash of steel?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

pochepiller

Clash of steel?

Post by pochepiller »

Could Matrix do a Clash of Steel remake? Simple yet deep strategy game. What I liked was the preset unit you could make, you couldn't make a dozen tank unit while playing France because it simply wasn't their doctrine.

Could it be possible?
Greybriar

RE: Clash of steel?

Post by Greybriar »

While you're waiting for Matrix to do a remake, you might want to try Battlefront's Strategic Command. It looks and plays very much like Clash of Steel. It's selling cheap in the U.S. on eBay, and you can pick it up for a buck (plus $3.70 shipping) from Hoots Loot.

A newer game that Matrix sells which resembles Panzer General with Clash of Steel blended in is Commander - Europe at War Gold. There may be others, but I am not familiar with them.

I hope that helps you out.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

You might try our Time of Wrath.
There is a demo available, so you can more/less check does it fits your needs.
pochepiller

Post by pochepiller »

I bought Time of Wrath in fact and I like it! I bought it to cure my clash of steel need and it worked somewhat. Good job wastelands but I still miss the unique unit for each country and simpler look from clash of steel.

Time of Wrath is the best out there for me.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Thanks for the kind words.
pochepiller

Post by pochepiller »

Could Matrix remake Clash of Steel, what I really like in the game was the uniqueness of all nation. I bought a lot of the suggestion in this board but it did not really catch the Clash of Steel genius.

David
wosung

Post by wosung »

ORIGINAL: pochepiller

Could Matrix remake Clash of Steel, what I really like in the game was the uniqueness of all nation. I bought a lot of the suggestion in this board but it did not really catch the Clash of Steel genius.

David

+1

They'd better go for Clash of Steel II - Global war.
wosung
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Commander Europe at War is the closest thing to Clash of Steel 2.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: pochepiller

David

Did you have a look at Strategic Command? Granted, it's a bit dated now (2002), but it's the closest thing I've seen to Clash of Steel (1993).

I liked Strategic Command so well that it was one of the first games I purchased from Good Old Games, and I still own an unopened retail boxed version as well as the CD I originally purchased when Strategic Command was first released.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Discussion”