Quiet China scenarios

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Admiral Scott

Quiet China scenarios

Post by Admiral Scott »

Can someone please explain what changes were made with quiet China scenarios.
Are the exact same forces and rules in place?

How will a game against the AI playout versus a normal full campaign scenario?

How will a quiet china scenario effect and change a PBEM game?
xj900uk

RE: Quiet China scenarios

Post by xj900uk »

Yes,  I too am playing a 'quiet china scenario' (think it's No.7),  I'm in about a month and China has been anyuthing but quiet...
Drambuie

Post by Drambuie »

No expert ... but I believe/presume the AI will fight till it reaches set goals or occupies certain places (I'm playing vs AI Japanese and am in January '42 and still a lot going on - I have done nothing at all as/to the Chinese) and then will stop and hold those limits.

Admiral Scott

Post by Admiral Scott »

I think Andy made this scenario, maybe he can explain it in detail.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

The AI for either side is much more limited in the quiet china scenarios

Basically there is a strategic AI which dictates long range plans which is disabled in the quiet scenario except for the attack on HK by the Japanese

The tactical AI which basically says attack nearest unit, pursue overrun avenge etc is still active because otherwise it would need a different exe.

The tactical AI runs out of steam after about a month and then China settles down to a nice quiet stalemate

You can pretty much ignore the whole China theatre - the AI may take a base or two but it will never go all out for Chungking or do anything overly aggressive.

Andy
Admiral Scott

Post by Admiral Scott »

Thanks Andy.

So a PBEM would be no different from a regular non quiet china scenario.
Only the AI is affected.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

yes its AI only
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

One of the neat things about WitP was that China offered both sides some interesting options.  The Japanese player COULD pay PP to buy units from China and then employ them elsewhere (Australia, India, etc.).  But the Allied player had the option of countering that by buying Chinese units and moving them to Burma.  Or, the Japanese player could leave his troops in China, in which case the Allied player could usually create a stalemate in the region (at least in the Big B mod).

That there was balance and opportunity offered some additional variety and zest to the game.

I'd like to have that same kind of variety and zest in AE.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
RevRick

Post by RevRick »

I don't want to get involved in a land war in Asia!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

In my experience there is an unintended side effect to the quite China scenarios. The Japaneses AI gets massive amounts of fighters deployed to the Burma Theater. An allied player will be hard pressed to keep up with the shear numbers. Particularly if an offensive drives south to Mandalay. I have no gotten into 1943 except playing quite China so I don't know if this would also happen with 'active China', but the number of Japanese fighters seem massive.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Admiral Scott

Post by Admiral Scott »

John, are you playing on historical difficulty level?
vils

Post by vils »

In my chiet china scen, currently att 15jan 1943, it seems jap AI send all its bomber and fighters to Canton area , leaving most of south pacific wide open.. coral sea is pretty much abandoned of fighters so i can move there freely since 6 months or so..
Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: RevRick

I don't want to get involved in a land war in Asia!

You're playing the wrong game then Rev. [:D]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”