War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition Updated!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SeanD

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition Updated!

Post by SeanD »

The second official v1.00.95 update for the WWII Pacific monster strategy game is now available!

Matrix Games, 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) and Henderson Field Designs are pleased to announce that the second official update for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition, the sequel to the legendary War in the Pacific, is now available. This new v1.00.95 update is as huge as the first update was, including over 200 changes, fixes and improvements to the original release.

Interface improvements abound, including the visual display of search arcs and usability improvements on many of the game screens. These are documented in a separate “Interface Addendum” included with this update. Also overhauled is the Pilot Training system, which gets its own “Pilot Management Addendum” as well. In addition, performance continues to be improved, gameplay continues to be tweaked in all areas to perfect the historical game balance and results and bugs of course continue to be fixed as they are found. Most of these improvements and fixes can be applied to existing games in progress simply by loading the saved game and continuing play. The full set of changes is documented in detail in the included update readme file.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Henderson Field Designs have met the goal of releasing a second major update for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition before the end of the year. The improvements in the two updates since release are very significant and should make owners of this great wargame very happy over the holidays. War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition delivers quality and immersive gameplay at a level of detail and realism you can’t get anywhere else and it just keeps getting better!”

The update installer is comprehensive and will update any previous version of War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition to v1.00.95.

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is the result of many additional man-years of development from a dedicated and experienced team including subject matter experts and experienced programmers. This has resulted in an improved War in the Pacific experience across the board. This is the entire War in the Pacific down to individual aircraft, vehicles, ships, guns and squads - more than just a game, it's an encyclopedia of the war compiled from many sources to an unmatched level of detail. Add in a much improved AI and more secure PBEM play and you have the makings of a new classic!

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release which does not require ownership of War in the Pacific.
The Admiral’s Edition installation process will not overwrite original War in the Pacific files, but instead the expansion installs along side the original installation of the game and runs as a separate game.

The individual features and improvements to Admiral’s Edition are far too numerous to mention in total in this announcement, but the product page link below goes into enough detail to please any War in the Pacific fan.

As our first "Collector's Edition", the boxed version also comes with a Full Color Printed 330 page manual!

Get more information on War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition from its official product page. War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a standalone release and does not require War in the Pacific to install and play.

Get the update here.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Erik Rutins

RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition Updated!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Here's the full change list:

Attachments
Whatsnew.pdf
(76.06 KiB) Downloaded 1123 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Is there a schedule for patch 3? I am only wondering about the time frame. I think Joe said something earlier about it being tenitively scheduled for 6 months after release.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

You're kidding, right?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

You're kidding, right?

Actually I'm not T and I am sure there will be others who will ask the same question. I was just wondering if there is another scheduled patch or not.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

There will be another update, we do not have a firm schedule for it yet, but the original plan was about six months between Update 2 and Update 3.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

TYVM MATRIX !!!

I love you all , metaphorically [:D]

Can get my PBEM going now ,, whoopee
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok, so The does not work continuous button is not getting fixed for another six months!!! Is it possible to see a mini patch before the p3? This is a serious issue for myself
"Tanks forward"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: freeboy
ok, so The does not work continuous button is not getting fixed for another six months!!! Is it possible to see a mini patch before the p3? This is a serious issue for myself

I don't know what you are talking about enough to say whether it is a critical issue or not, or unfixed in this update, but the last two official updates have both had hotfixes released within a week after, so I think that answers the question in principle.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

great.. the issue is the continoues play is not WAD, Andy is looking at it and it is a confirmed bug.. THANKS for the great game and quick response...
I know there is a list of changes, but not a list of but fixes... for instance there is a bug against the ai that causes a nov 1 crash.. soemthing to do with the Chitose? if I am not mistaken?
"Tanks forward"
Marty A

Post by Marty A »

Anyone get past 28% before fatal error on download stops?

did 2 times same thing.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

yep, try again and it should work... there is an auto updater too that ER mentioned.. try that si the normal is too slow.. good luck

"Tanks forward"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: freeboy
I know there is a list of changes, but not a list of but fixes... for instance there is a bug against the ai that causes a nov 1 crash.. soemthing to do with the Chitose? if I am not mistaken?

Bug fixes are included in the list of changes too, take another look.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

yep, jsut coming back to address that, seems the upgrade bug is listed .. # 85... thanks again... My work around fyi, is to use the 3 day turns and the F9, in lue,sp?, of the continuous play not working as designed.. thanks again..
PM me if you are interested in the resolution for my physical shippment from DR getting lost.. it did finaly come! thanks again, sorry to miss tthe bug list!! guess Iam on overload![X(]
"Tanks forward"
Marty A

Post by Marty A »

5 times i get this:

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 262 times
bsq

Post by bsq »

ORIGINAL: Marty A

5 times i get this:

Me too. Total of 200 MB of wasted download effort - not happy.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Too many gamers attempting downloads at one time?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
bsq

Post by bsq »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

Too many gamers attempting downloads at one time?

OK, but once you have a connection to the FTP it should not throw you off. I am now using a download manager (fortunately the FTP does support restarts) and I am on attempt 33 (each one of which would have thrown a browser download off).
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Marty A
5 times i get this:

You should clear your temporary files between download attempts. Chances are it's using the same initial corrupted download each time.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

perhaps that is the issue.. try a fresh restart
"Tanks forward"

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”