Any interest in a 1.29/1.3 patch still? Seeing if it would be worth restarting.

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

Arkady

RE: Any interest in a 1.29/1.3 patch still? Seeing if it would be worth restarting.

Post by Arkady »

where is the new patch ? [;)]
Rysyonok

RE: Any interest in a 1.29/1.3 patch still? Seeing if it would be worth restarting.

Post by Rysyonok »

ORIGINAL: Arkady

where is the new patch ? [;)]

Shhhhh you'll scare it... ;)
Kadorak

Post by Kadorak »

Oh yes, oh yes, yes please!
MC202Folgore

Post by MC202Folgore »

ORIGINAL: Deathtreader

ORIGINAL: Rysyonok

Good point... a patch with a few scenarios... I'd pay for that =D
ORIGINAL: String

Hell yes [:)]

Any chance of that Japan vs. UK and allies (and no america) scenario?

........and so would I !!!!!!!!! [:)]

I'll join the chorus: I'd pay for a patch and especially for a patch with scenarios. I love this neglected (but for WPO) period of naval history, and certainly I think your hard work is worth remuneration. A-yep!
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'" -J.F. Kennedy
marioa

Post by marioa »

After the release of AE for WITP what improvement, add-on or patch can we expect for WPO?
Any info will be appreciated.-
Regards
marioa
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

I'd really like to see an Admiral's Edition of WPO.
sprior

Post by sprior »

What they said.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

Tankerace,

Yes please if possible.

I have lost data in the past and now back up unreplaceable files on external hard drives and also burn onto DVd's to be on the safe side.

Davidr
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

I am about a year and a half into a campaign with my good email opponent and like WPO very much. A patch would be nice but this game does have a small following. However, one of the biggest flaws is that there are long periods of quiet downtime between action and it can get a bit boring. Adding the carriers and a more modern planeset will help to change this and make the game better. I am guessing that the late pre war era will be my favorite.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Thanks for the response.

We will see what we can do. As to AE improvements I'll talk with Joe Wilkerson. He always wanted to do a '30s game with me but I tried to dissuade him since I wanted to do Twilight of the Gods (the '30s expansion that never happened). Maybe I can beg forgiveness and we see what we can hammer out.

Of course that would be well down the line, after both CF and AE are out.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

I'm currently reading Robert Massie's "Castles of Steel" and looking forward to get back into the game! Then all we will need is a WWI in Europe naval game (hint!), with all of the new development being done on WITP AE and Uncommon Valor (aka Carrier Force) one can hope we'll get a game engine that can handle other areas besides the pacific!
bobogoboom

Post by bobogoboom »

add me to the list. i actualy bough witp because of wpo.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Sig art by rogueusmc
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

add me to the list. i actualy bough witp because of wpo.

Me too :)
engineer

Post by engineer »

Interest indeed.  It seems churlish to request further additions to the air list, but what about the Handley-Page Hyderabad, the late Virginias had a tail gun so two versions there might be appropriate, the Sidestrand was an enormous late UK biplane bomber with a metal fuselage, Supermarine Southhampton flying boat, Ford Tri-Motor transport, and Fokker tri-motor transports?

If production is on both sides, the following point is superfluous, but as the game progresses there should be progressive deviation from historical construction data pacing Allied reinforcements since war would result in much higher military spending than historical.  It might not make much of any difference on capital ships, but subs, light forces, destroyers, and even some cruisers and CVE/CVL sized carriers could be laid down and completed within the scope of a scenario.

BTW, I like the upgraded infantry devices [:)]  The Russians get a scrub, too?   

Stacking limits on atolls?
wpf1924

Post by wpf1924 »

Hi all,

I accidentially came across this game only a few days ago...
this game truly amazing, and it is meticulously researched

but i have a small suggestion that might help improve the game!
as i am studying Chinese military history in a grad school, i naturally turn my attention to China's role in this game...
i have noticed several problems:

1. China was not a unified country by 1924 (but i am not sure if it can be codified into several countries)

2. The flag of China should be this one in 1922:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag ... 2-1928.svg
This is not a big deal but its good to see a genuine flag

3. China would probably on the allied side if there is war between the powers and Japan in 1922, but Guangdong(Canton)was controlled by the Pro-Japanese Sun Yat-sen government, so it might join the Japanese (so that China could be severely weakened and Japan would have a stronger position in China) - but then the Japanese can easily overrun Hong Kong, one of the major base for the British war plan against Japan during the 1920s

4. Instead of calling Manchuria "Manchuko", it would be more sensible to call the faction as "Fengtian Clique" as Manchuria was controlled by the Fengtian warlords in the 1920s

5. True, the Chinese govenrment (controlled by one of the warlord factions) largely controlled the entire navy (in this sense the game is depicting the reality)

Anyway, this game really rocks![&o][&o][&o][&o]thanks for fufilling my dream! (to play a pc game about wars in the 1920s)
pmn25

Post by pmn25 »

almost 2 years late but ya it would be great.
tex

Post by tex »

I agree with that!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Count me in too! WPO was the first Matrix game I ever bought, and I still enjoy creating history practically every night! (As opposed to recreating history like most other games like WitP does)

I know how it feels to go through a huge data loss, Justin, it really tears at you, and as much as we lament it I'm sure no one felt it as keenly as you. But hopefully you know that the game you dreamed up still has a loyal core of both old and new fans who love playing it and would love to see it live up to its full potential. Speaking for myself, as much as I'd love to see the huge update, or "WPO - Twilight of the Gods" produced, I'd even be happy if the occasional smaller update based on them released every now and then. It would be better then nothing!

Lets keep WPO alive! [8D]
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

I am another player still interested!
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Me also.........

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”