Any hope for revival

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

pmn25

Any hope for revival

Post by pmn25 »

Well I was messing around today to see if I had the newest version of WPO, something just did not seem right. I started reading about the fixes for 1.205u and noticed it stated something about includeding Kii and owarii battleships for the superdreadnought campaign so I checked to see if my version complied. I noticed that the Kii is in the ship database but never arrives, so I downloaded 1.205u again still no fix...... however when looking for the 1.205u patch I stumbled across old threads (solid gold) from years ago about a 1.29 and 1.3 patch that was never completed. apparently it was at one time (1.3) basically finished according to the threads by tankerace the creator or at least the main man behind WPO, however one theard stated he had lost all his info due to HD crash etc. Now he did have a thread back in jan of 08 asking if anyone was still interested in 1.3 which many jumped at. However that is all I could find. I also know he is invovled in many other things (other games, life events, MA degree, etc). I was wondering if anyone ever beta tested this 1.29 or 1.3 I mean they would have to have a copy to test it. From the threads I found it seemed like 1.3 would of been an amazing update I was wondering if 1.3 was completely dead? I mean WPO is awesome as it is but just reading what could of been well I just had to bring it back up.
comte

RE: Any hope for revival

Post by comte »

I have wondered this myself if 1.3 will ever see the light of day it could be the legacy patch for this game a final patch to fix any remaining issues.
tex

Post by tex »

I thought I remembered reading somewhere about Tankerace losing everything when his computer crashed, thanks for confirming that I am not crazy. But isn´t strange that there would be no backup lurking about somewhere? Anyway, I think WITP AE killed any chance of another patch, and this far removed it may not make much commercial sense (in other words, the few of us here don´t really matter). What a pity.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Well Tex if us small band of WAR PLAN ORANGE gamers don't matter,then we will just have to improve this great game ourselves [8D]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
pmn25

Post by pmn25 »

I dont think its has been forgotten, I just think it has been pushed aside for the moment. It seems that the basic engine for UV, WITP, WPO, WITPAE has been around since 2002ish. If you read tankerace's post it seems he has a strong desire to work with a WPO scenario. Hopefully this is the case I was allured to WPO by the timeline (20's) and what if scenarios. I have always been a fan of WWI era battleships and aircraft, this game gives it all it just seems like it was not finished completely. I just get tired of all these WWII games not that they are bad but the genre has been overkilled. I would love to see a WWI era game (1900-1930) when true naval power was measured in how many BB you had not CV. Well off to take my finals.................................................................................................................................................[&o][&o]
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

I just get tired of all these WWII games not that they are bad but the genre has been overkilled. I would love to see a WWI era game (1900-1930) when true naval power was measured in how many BB you had not CV.

I agree completely. I'm both a WWI and WWII naval buff, but what I love about WPO is the fact that this takes the grand old familiar ships and locations, and puts a completely fresh, new spin on it. That's the main appeal for me, anyway.

But I re-read the notes for Patch 1.3, and it really looked awesome. Here's a few threads associated with it. It would be nice if Tankerace or someone could let us know if this will ever happen or not.

As requested, 1.3 Pre Beta Screens

Any more 1.3 news?

1.3 Prev #2 or... "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines."

New Update (scroll down to read the proposed "War Plan Orange: Twilight of the Gods 1931-1940")

Any interest in a 1.29/1.3 patch still? Seeing if it would be worth restarting
tex

Post by tex »

Great post Connfire, thanks for the links, it was very interesting reading.
comte

Post by comte »

Wow those screens look great I like the Sampan's well we can hope [:)]
pmn25

Post by pmn25 »

Well one final down three to go. Ya I spent a large amount of yesterday going through those post. From what I read it seemed tankerace (Justin Prince) really liked WPO in fact I read that he approached someone about making a scenario for WPO that started in 1929 I think called "twilight of the gods" but he instead was recruited to work on Carrier Force (CF) which I think is a remake or something of the 2002 game Ucommon Valor (UV) another WWII game.... I wonder if any beta testers have the WPO 1.29 or 1.3 I am assuming not as tankerace would of just got the stuff from one of them after his HD died. Ya the stuff about 1.3 looks great Im mean what it could of been...... , It made me feel the way I did when Interplay went bankrupt and "released" all their black isle employes and the true fallout 3 was lost forever in time [:(]. Im wondering if we could stir up some interest and maybe get people interested in the game I mean it is like WITP in many ways. I would gladly pay for another WPO game or even a huge patch. I just feel like it needs to be revived.

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”