Question about attributes & upgrades

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

SlickWilhelm

Question about attributes & upgrades

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Do unit upgrades and attributes have any bearing on instant combat resolution if the description of them specifically mentions "in detailed combat".

Example: Hasty entrenchment I - Allows brigades to entrench in detailed combat.

So, if I purchase this for my brigades, does it help their combat resolution score, or am I throwing my money away by purchasing an upgrade used only in detailed combat?
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
GShock

RE: Question about attributes & upgrades

Post by GShock »

all upgrades are factored, even for instant and quick combat. I agree the description is misleading but they are all factored... how... i don't know, but they are.  Yours is a "popular" question :)
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Yes, they do have an impact on quick/instant combat. Attributes increase or decrease damage inflicted/taken or improve morale and many updates give a possibility (14% or 25%) of adding one to salvo or counter-salvo fire. Full details are in the Appendix.
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Thank you, gentlemen. [&o]
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Oh my, I've forgotten to refresh the thread about what upgrades do...Gimme a sec and I'll bring it to the top [:)]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”