Year end specials are digital download is there

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Felix C

Year end specials are digital download is there

Post by Felix C »

a special for physical shipment purchases?

I prefer physical. I mean I have eight Matrix games and all are physical shipment.
Marc von Martial

RE: Year end specials are digital download is there

Post by Marc von Martial »

The sale is also for the physical versions.
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

The only problem with Matrixgames physical version is you pay a bonus of $20 for it. Pretty much eliminates any sale feeling.
Joshuatree

Post by Joshuatree »

Killroy is right about that. I just bought the John Tiller Campaign series, (get the old feeling back one more time know what I mean?) The digital download only is, with discount, something like 20 Dollars, which is about 13 Euros... but I do very much like to have a physical disc. So when I order the digital and physical shipment, plus taxes and shipping andwhat not I end up with a total of: 36,42€ that's about say 55 $ .... that's a huge difference.
I know this discussion pops up every now and then, games might be a bit more expensive, but if the game is good enough I say it's worth the money anyhow. It will only scare away some potential European customers.
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Well there is an alternative Joshuatree. At NWSonline.com they sell the physical game for the same price that Matrixgames sells the download most of the time. I think the JTC was $25.99 there and then around $4 or $5 shipping total. Now I don't know what the prices are for Euro but I think he has pretty good deals for shipping overseas as well. He basically saves you around $14 overall but of course you only get the physical and the printed manual if there is one you don't get the download as well. If there is a printed manual I always buy from NWS, if it's just a digital express then there is no need to really as the setup.exe you can burn to any cdrom or dvd upon downloading it and that's all you'd get in the physical box except it will cost you $20 more.
Joshuatree

Post by Joshuatree »

Ah you're right, thx for the tip. But it's more .. convenient to order it directly from Matrix' site as you can read an AAR... get in the mood (doh) and order it directly from their site. But yeah, it *is* more expensive.. strangely enough. Then again, like I said, a game like JTCS is like 10 years old, maybe even more? ( how long has it been since I played Eastern Front?) So talking about value for money... hard to beat that. Bookmarked NWSonline though, thanks!
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

All the physical purchases I have made with Matrix came with the digital download with it...I could install and play now and have the physical copy on it's way soon thereafter...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

It is expensive.I would probably actually try to buy a game directly from Matrix if the prices weren't so high.You first have to pay an extra $10 bucks to get the physical copy(like that's not already bad enough) THEN another $10 for shipping that's not even that fast anyway.I would love for Matrix to directly to get my money but I don't see why I should pay $15 more when I don't have to.Getting the Physical + Download is even worse....because now you have to pay for the "extended download service" so all in all a $25 dollar difference.Come on Matrix give us a break....not all of us are old men(no offense) lying around with buckets of money.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I have a coupon fromCrowns of Glory and would like to get the Emperor's edition. But when I go to pay, I see no credit or sales price benefit.[&:]
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

I have a coupon fromCrowns of Glory and would like to get the Emperor's edition. But when I go to pay, I see no credit or sales price benefit.

Can't get the sale price and the coupon - look at this link

Explanation
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Without singling anyone of you lot out here, don't you think it might be "bad form" to post pricing of Matrix games on other websites on Matrix Games forums? Or doesn't anyone just give a crap about etiquette anymore?

Also, why does getting the boxed version eliminate "any sale feeling"? You are getting the box version at the reduced price too. The boxed version was $x and came down to $x, the same percentage as the digital download...correct? So why is that not a sale item???

And V22...you do not have to pay for the extended download....use your head and remove the item!
Alba gu' brath
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

And V22...you do not have to pay for the extended download....use your head and remove the item!

In fact, I thought that the extended DL service would be mandatory now, for a second. But I knew that it's an option in DR's shopping cart menu, so I just double checked it, and hey.. still optional. [:)]

@V22: lurkers or new customers will misleadingly get the impression that you have to opt for extended download service now on checkout. It's not cool to emit such comments.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

It would be OK, if only they made that clear. As well, they don't seem to be to helpful in conversion to the coupon for older CoG version.
Clearly, with all thier genius in creating these games (not to mention ours - in playing them), I'm sure they could codify how to maneuvre a two step - three with the Holiday Offer.
Oh, Well! In the spirit, enjoy your holidays and thanks.[8|]
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Matrix Games are not in charge of Digital River and Digital River is therefore not under their control. Digital River runs how Digital River wants to run and the companies that use it (Matrix being one) can suggest improvements...but Digital River have to do sod all...if they don't want to spend x hours introducing a coupon + discount scheme, then Digital River don't have to do it.

So you can ask Matrix to do it...and they in turn can request it from Digital River, but that's about where the obligation ends really.

Alot of people think Matrix Games has more control over Digital River, and afaik that simply isn't the case.
Alba gu' brath
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

For the record, our physical version is priced $10 higher than the download version. That pricing accounts for the physical on demand costs and the printed manual when included. We do not of course get a penny from shipping or from the various taxes that governments like to charge which push the price up further. I understand why folks say that it costs a lot more to get the physical version, but that's not us. I wish we could teleport your physical copies to you at no charge and legally avoid additional taxes, but it's not possible. We've negotiated several times to get the shipping prices down as low as we can, but the taxes are the taxes.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Just how did you Europeans get this nonsensical "VAT" tax anyway?  Also.. how did you let this happen?
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I know...should've thrown the tea overboard [:D]
Alba gu' brath
uncc

Post by uncc »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

Just how did you Europeans get this nonsensical "VAT" tax anyway?  Also.. how did you let this happen?

Don't be too harsh on them...the idea of a VAT tax [:@] here in the USA has been considered in the past and by the current administration...and I'll leave it at that....
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I hope I didn't infer that shipping costs or the physical/download issues were part of my concern. No problem here in paying what costs are involved.
What I was raising the flag on was the failure to cite the caveats (Holiday discounts and coupons) that were not include in describing either. Perhaps River and Matrix could coordinate better.
I'm not scoring any party here; shouting "Bait'nSwitch" "Shell Game" or "3 Cad Monty". Just the lack of details in a proposed transaction.

Thank you.[8|]
Shawmut

Post by Shawmut »

I'll guess I follow the siimplified order system and go for the physical delivery. Hell, with all the time we spent jawping (jawing in type) I could be playing it.
Remember why European countries instituted the VAT. Was to protect its own production facilities (not to mention keeping so many immigrants on the dole). It's categorized in the terrible word "protectionism". Think of the lack of such a defense when we see our families starving and every other family without incomes.
Of course, I'm a William McKinley man myself.
Oh, yes! As we look at some of the games with economic and diplomatic aspects to them, we might find that tariffing, taxing and embargoes are part of life for Adam and Eve's descendents.[;)]

Return to “General Discussion”