pilot management problem - WAD/bug

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcjordan

pilot management problem - WAD/bug

Post by jcjordan »

This is a game started under the original release & patched up to beta 2 but I'm seeing some strange things happen w/ my air units & the pilots but not sure if it's WAD or buggish thing. Most of the China/Soviet units don't seem to be affected but a couple are but most of the affect units are US/Aus/Brit but only a couple of dozen units seem to be involved. What happens is that I had my air units maxed on pilots to have extra pilots in the unit so a 25 a/c US FS would have 33 pilots assigned but when beta2 was applied all of a sudden some of the pilots in certain units would go back into the reserve pool so I might end up having 25 pilots w/ 8 of the pilots showing in the reserve pool as being w/ the unit. I would draw the unit back up to 33 pilots but then the next turn the pilots are then back in the reserve pool. I looked at several pilots involved & when I look at the pilot list from the unit they have a delay of 1 before I draw them & none after I draw them into the unit & when I go into the pilot pool none are WIA or a delayed arrival so they should stay in the unit. Now this only seems to affect several units but not most units or at least they've not drawn down yet in the couple of weeks turns I've played since patching over the holiday. But is the draw down of pilots going into the reserve pool WAD or is it a bug? If it's WAD, what am I missing to see the same units send pilots back to the reserve pool but others keep the full allotment? I've tried having it set to manual as well as auto for the pilot but same thing happens either way. So far nothing game ending w/ the problem but more an annoyance [:(]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”