Patching affect on ships,groups

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

michaelm75au

Patching affect on ships,groups

Post by michaelm75au »

When applying the database changes to a saved game, you need to be aware there can be an affect on the ship/group aircraft currently in play.

This is most apparent in ships but can apply to group aircraft to some degree.

The database update changes the device, ship class and aircraft information.
Ships belonging to an updated class may have some values that no longer agree with the new class information.

In most cases, the ship will just use these values until it upgrades, and/or replenishes.

In some cases, as when the ship value is displayed as a % of the class value, the % can become strange looking.
eg
1. if the ship fuel is 1000 and the class fuel was 1000, then the ship has (1000/1000) 100% fuel.
2. if the underlying class fuel is changed to 50, the new % would look like (1000/50) 200%.

All this means is that it would give the ship an extra burst of movement until the fuel ran out and then it should return to the class value.

These anomalies are part of the ability to easily upgrade saves.
If we applied the updates to the ships, groups and LCUs, there would be a lot more inconsistencies which would probably make the continued game almost unplayable.
[As what happened when I left the ship/group/LCU update code in the initial patch 01 beta]
Michael
khyberbill

RE: Patching affect on ships,groups

Post by khyberbill »

Michaelm,
Thanks for the continued explanations. I hope they are paying you enough!
Peace,
Bill
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

Return to “Tech Support”