Beta - Pilot Management

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pad152

Beta - Pilot Management

Post by pad152 »

Pilot Training

I like it so far but, would like to have the ability to send pilots to the reserve pool. This would add the ability to build up a cadre of experienced pilots. No matter how many good pilots you send to training command you will never get exp 70 replacement pilots. This would also allow you to train pilots in specific areas (Fighter, Bomber, ASW, etc.). There is currently no way to get trained pilots from static rear area groups to the front line.

Train an rear area air group up to experience level of 70, then transfer some or all of the pilots to the reserve pool and get a new bunch from the replacement pool. This allows you to use rear area restricted air groups as advanced training centers for replacement pilots.

Pilot Replacement Screen

Show the number of pilots in the reserve pool & TRACOM.

Walloc

RE: Beta - Pilot Management

Post by Walloc »

See my reply in another thread. [:)]

Kind regards,

Rasmus
FOW

Post by FOW »

From the pilot screen left click on pilot and say yes to option to put in 'group reserve'. Effect = pilot still with unit and shown in grey text, doesn't fly until active pilots lees than available a/c
Left click same pilot again and say yes to option to put in 'reserve pool' (or similar wording). Effect = pilot removed from unit completely and put in pilot pool.
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: FOW

From the pilot screen left click on pilot and say yes to option to put in 'group reserve'. Effect = pilot still with unit and shown in grey text, doesn't fly until active pilots lees than available a/c
Left click same pilot again and say yes to option to put in 'reserve pool' (or similar wording). Effect = pilot removed from unit completely and put in pilot pool.

I can testify that it works just fine !
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

pad152

Post by pad152 »

Only pilots with exp of 80+ can be transferred to the reserve pool, you can't train rear area static air groups beyond 70!! I'm asking for the ability to transfer pilots with experience of 70 to the reserve pool. There is no way to get or use trained pilots from rear area groups!

goran007

Post by goran007 »

if i want automatic replacement of pilots whose experience is greater than 50 and less then 60, should i choose 50+?

Options dont really make sense because if i choose 50+ i dont want 90+?

Training group is great idea, but is it possible to release whole bunch of pilots to reserve and not do it by choosing individual pilots?
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: pad152

Only pilots with exp of 80+ can be transferred to the reserve pool, you can't train rear area static air groups beyond 70!! I'm asking for the ability to transfer pilots with experience of 70 to the reserve pool. There is no way to get or use trained pilots from rear area groups!

Nope, I was sending pilots with ratings in the 50s to the reserve pool in my pbemail game. Not a problem.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

I fear ur wrong, post patch pad152. I've just transfered a pilot with 40 xp into the pool from an on map airunit.
So far i havent met a case where u cant transfere into the general pool. Not that i've tried it extensivly. Tracom is another matter tho u need 80+ for that but only that.

As descriped higher in the thread and as i describe in an reply in another thread of teh same posting.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

I now have a few pilots of 80+ experience but don't have the option to transfer to reserve/training command.  Does the base have to have 20,000 supplies or something?
medicff

Post by medicff »

You can send any pilot to reserve pool but there is a delay before they are eligible to drawn from into other groups.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”