Matrix Games Announces the 2009 Holiday Sale!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Erik Rutins

Matrix Games Announces the 2009 Holiday Sale!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Spread holiday cheer (and your strategic prowess) at a special discounted price!

At Matrix Games, we are feeling positively jolly about our 2009 Holiday Sale. This year’s annual sale is our biggest yet and matches our best discounts from past Holiday Sales as gamers can now get a huge portion of our catalog at up to a 30% discount!

Starting on November 25th and continuing until Midnight on January 17, 2010, gamers around the globe will be able to purchase most titles in the Matrix Games catalog at up to 30% off!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Some people enjoy the fresh pine smell of a Christmas tree or the classic holidays carols sung for generations to get them in the spirit of Christmas. But for those of you who still like the sound of Panzers rolling across Europe or the orders of a squad commander trying to storm the Normandy beaches in addition, this sale will bring the best of both worlds! After the success of last year’s huge Holiday Sale, we decided to make it even bigger this year. There’s never been a better opportunity to stock up on our games. Don’t snooze through it and miss these great savings! Our Game on Demand boxed copy is a perfect present for your favorite wargamer – it comes shrink wrapped and our Standard editions include a printed manual for a present with some extra weight.”

This year has been busy for the “wargaming elves” at Matrix as there have been many quality products added to our lineup. Here’s a brief rundown of all the games this holiday season can help you catch up on!
  • Armada 2526 – A space-based blend of real time tactical battles and turn-based strategy from the lead designer behind Medieval 2: Total War.
  • Officers – The Matrix Edition – Cleaned up and improved for the Matrix Edition, Officers brings World War II battles on a truly massive scale and in real time.
  • Smugglers IV – Doomsday – A turn-based space-trading game where you take command of an advanced space ship amidst a galaxy torn by war and crime.
  • Gary Grigsby’s Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich – This title combines two classics (Battle of Britain and Twelve O’clock High) into one detailed simulation of the Allied strategic bombing campaign against the Germany during World War II.
  • Operation Barbarossa – The Struggle for Russia – The fate of the Eastern Front is in your hands with this turn-based strategy game inspired by the old Panzer General series.
  • Conquest! Medieval Realms - A turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting.
  • War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition – Packed with improvements to its predecessor, this is the most immersive and realistic WWII Pacific Theatre wargame ever.
  • WW2: Time of Wrath – A turn-based grand strategy title that serves as the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory.
  • World War II: General Commander - An introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management.
  • Horse and Musket: Volume I - Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great with this acclaimed turn-based battle system, a powerful editor, new artwork, and more.
  • Close Combat: The Longest Day - A highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy in all its real time tactical glory.
  • Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition – This sequel to the acclaimed Crown of Glory improves on the original in every area, immersing the player in the epic events of the Napoleonic era.
Here’s a full list of the games on sale this year, with discounts listed based on the digital download price:

[center]Image[/center]

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bronze

RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2009 Holiday Sale!

Post by Bronze »

I tried to orderCoG:EE but encountered a problem, the promo code mailed to me for purchasing the original version did not work. When I entered the promo code, the checkout price went up!!!, not down.

Also, I was ordering a 2nd game, but only got the extended download option once - nowhere can I find if this is for both games or even how to apply it towards just 1 game if this isn't the case.

Please help soon as I'm stuck at home on the holiday with the flu.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I take it the newer games listed below won't be reduced price? [&:]
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

[*]Armada 2526 – A space-based blend of real time tactical battles and turn-based strategy from the lead designer behind Medieval 2: Total War.
[*]Officers – The Matrix Edition – Cleaned up and improved for the Matrix Edition, Officers brings World War II battles on a truly massive scale and in real time.
[*]Smugglers IV – Doomsday – A turn-based space-trading game where you take command of an advanced space ship amidst a galaxy torn by war and crime.
[*]Gary Grigsby’s Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich – This title combines two classics (Battle of Britain and Twelve O’clock High) into one detailed simulation of the Allied strategic bombing campaign against the Germany during World War II.
[*]Operation Barbarossa – The Struggle for Russia – The fate of the Eastern Front is in your hands with this turn-based strategy game inspired by the old Panzer General series.
[*]Conquest! Medieval Realms - A turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting.
[*]War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition – Packed with improvements to its predecessor, this is the most immersive and realistic WWII Pacific Theatre wargame ever.
[*]WW2: Time of Wrath – A turn-based grand strategy title that serves as the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory.
[*]World War II: General Commander - An introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management.
[*]Horse and Musket: Volume I - Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great with this acclaimed turn-based battle system, a powerful editor, new artwork, and more.
[*]Close Combat: The Longest Day - A highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy in all its real time tactical glory.
[*]Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition – This sequel to the acclaimed Crown of Glory improves on the original in every area, immersing the player in the epic events of the Napoleonic era.[/ul]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Von Hindenburg
I tried to orderCoG:EE but encountered a problem, the promo code mailed to me for purchasing the original version did not work. When I entered the promo code, the checkout price went up!!!, not down.

I don't think promo codes will work right now with the discounted prices. I'll discuss this on Monday with DR.
Also, I was ordering a 2nd game, but only got the extended download option once - nowhere can I find if this is for both games or even how to apply it towards just 1 game if this isn't the case.

It should apply for both games as far as I know.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
I take it the newer games listed below won't be reduced price? [&:]

Correct, that's just a summary of what we released this year as part of the "wrap up" in the press release. Below that, it lists the games on sale.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Bronze

Post by Bronze »

Thank you Erik.

@ Gary: several of the ones you have listed are on Matrix's list as they are ones I'm hoping to get.
Bronze

Post by Bronze »

Still awaiting reply.
Bronze

Post by Bronze »

I feel I have bought enough Matrix games that I am at least entitled to an explanation.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Von Hindenburg
I feel I have bought enough Matrix games that I am at least entitled to an explanation.

I'm sorry, I replied in a different thread on this question. I've also been home sick this week by the way and simply forgot that the question was originally raised in this thread.

The discount codes will not work during the sale, but they will work again once the sale is over. We should have had this worked out ahead of time, apologies for the confusion on this.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Bronze

Post by Bronze »

Sorry - sick myself - thank you for the reply.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just an update here to note that the holiday sale is now over. Thanks to all of our customers for making it a success, enjoy your games!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

When does the "Fed up with Winter sale" begin.
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

Thanks for the sale..Alas, I only could get one game. At least it is a good one.[/align]
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

Return to “General Discussion”