XFL Rules?

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

tango602

XFL Rules?

Post by tango602 »

Is there any way to get the XFL's rules in the game?
hack153

RE: XFL Rules?

Post by hack153 »

there are no set XFL rules. however, you can adjust the rules/settings to reflex that of the XFL (or pretty close). the only thing you can't do is the scramble.

for the game's "unofficial" forum go to http://www.maxmykal.com/

you'll find a ton more board activity there and lots of free game add-ons. i think of it as the place for the hard core fans.
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

to add to what Hack has wrote

in our "user created" area (over at maxmykal.com)
their is a utility for the XFL Scramble

But dont ask me how it works........... I dont even know what the "Scramble" is period
tango602

Post by tango602 »

thanks, will be shortly appearing at maxmykal.com and will be bugging mother to get me the game
admiral66

Post by admiral66 »

Mykal,
The infamous "XFL scramble" took the place of the coin toss. The ball was placed on the 40-yard line and one player from each team lined up at midfield. The ref blew the whistle and the players scrambled to the ball with the player coming up with the ball winning the scramble and had the choice of kicking or receiving. This lasted all of one week I believe, as one player dislocated his shoulder after the scramble and was gone for the year!
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

your right about a player getting hurt , not sure how long he was out. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever created.
DONMVP
Magnum357

Post by Magnum357 »

Ya, the "XFL Scramble" rule was probably not a good rule.  [8|]  But the XFL had a few other interesting rules.  If I remember correctly, on punts, the ball was live if it traveled 25 yards past the LOS (or something like that) so teams couldn't "down" the ball if no receiver catched it, it basically "forced" a return.  And the punting team could not run past the LOS until the ball was punted and the punt return player had a 5 yard halo before he caught the ball, this was suppose to create a wider open punt return game.  Out of all the rules the XFL had, I thought this was probably the best they came up with.

They had a few others if I remember.  You were allowed to have one receiver (flanker) to go forward motion before the snap, but this was basically a copy of AFL/CFL rules.  The XFL had an interesting Overtime rules, it was similar to college OT but it had some unique twists to it.  Can't remember how it went.
Tbird

Post by Tbird »

Minus all the Drama

This was a decent league,  I think McMahon should've kept his mouth shut too [:D]
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

ORIGINAL: Magnum357
But the XFL had a few other interesting rules.  If I remember correctly, on punts, the ball was live if it traveled 25 yards past the LOS (or something like that) so teams couldn't "down" the ball if no receiver catched it, it basically "forced" a return.  And the punting team could not run past the LOS until the ball was punted and the punt return player had a 5 yard halo before he caught the ball, this was suppose to create a wider open punt return game.  Out of all the rules the XFL had, I thought this was probably the best they came up with.
That is a lot like the CFL rules for punts.

Brockleigh

Post by Brockleigh »

ORIGINAL: Marauders

That is a lot like the CFL rules for punts.

Well, sort of.

The CFL punting rules are an offshoot of the game's rugby days. As such, on a punting play, the punter, and anyone on the kicking team who is behind the punter at the time of the kick, is onside and can recover the kicked ball. All other players on the kicking team must respect the five-yard 'halo' around the ball. Violation of the five-yard zone is punishable by a five yard "No Yards" penalty if the ball was fielded off the ground, or a fifteen yard "No Yards" penalty if the ball was fielded in the air.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”