Expert Wargamer/WitP Noob Range Question...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gargoil

Expert Wargamer/WitP Noob Range Question...

Post by gargoil »

I had Uncommon Valour years ago, but I'm brand new to WitP.

I know the circles extending out from TFs/Bases are their range bands. But no where in the WitP manual (that I can find) does it describe what the color bands are associated with. The manual doesn't even mention these range bands existing at all.

So, if I have a carrier with planes of 3 different ranges - how can I see which colored band goes to which plane. And is it mission specitic? Patrol, Naval Strike, etc.
dorjun driver

RE: Expert Wargamer/WitP Noob Range Question...

Post by dorjun driver »

Clicking on an individual air group should do the trick.  I do not believe the bands are mission specific.
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

The circles you see are actually just for one air unit and the ships of the TF itself.  The air unit is either the first one in the stack, or the last one viewed.  The TF has 1 or 2 circles, one for visual range and another for radar range.  The air unit circles have the normal and extended range circles, plus a range circle with drop tanks if available.  I believe the air unit circles are also affected if you set the unit's range less than the max range possible.

In patch 2, if the air unit has search vectors set, you will also see the search arcs for that unit.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

As this game is hex based I wouldn't trust the circles in the first place. But they are nice flavour.[;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”