patch?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

freeboy

patch?

Post by freeboy »

ok we all know it is not available yet BUT
If I start a new game and make an investment in time, taking all this valuable info I have gleened from failing to order my rear area,
DO I need to restart saved games with the patch? IE will they be upgradable or do we kill them off and restart afreash?
"Tanks forward"
Mike Solli

RE: patch?

Post by Mike Solli »

The devs have been assuring us that we can upgrade ongoing games with no problems.
Created by the amazing Dixie
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

GREAT!
I was nursing a screwed up game along because I thought If I started afreash I would lose it and need to restart! THANK YOU!!!
Looks like I will restart and try to figure out the rear areas first!
Although my screw ups in troop/supply/fuel/ routing not withstanding I have had fun against a surprisingly agressive ai at historical! Kodos to the team
and a great big TU to MR JPF himself!!!
"Tanks forward"
wpurdom

Post by wpurdom »

Can any developer clue us in as to whether to expect important order of battle changes or similar matters that won't upgrade into an on-going game.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I believe AI changes need a restart as well.
Dukemourn

Post by Dukemourn »

The way I understand it any AI changes or Database changes require a restart to be implemented. Along with the last patch the developers were thoughtful enough to list the Database changes but of course, not the AI changes. I'm hoping we get such a list again plus an indication whether or not there are any AI changes.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”