Threads Greying Out even though I have not read them

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

kaybayray

Threads Greying Out even though I have not read them

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Guys,

Not sure when this happened but at some point recently.... last few months I think... when I go into a section on a Forum and read some threads after I log out and come back later all the threads in that forum that I have not read are Greyed out like those that I have read.

I know there is some setting in here to change that. Can anybody help me? I would like to be able to come back to a Forum and read things I didnt have time for at a later time. But I cant tell which those are since after leaving everything in that Forum gets Greyed out.

Later,
KayBay
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
kaybayray

RE: Threads Greying Out even though I have not read them

Post by kaybayray »

So all the bright people that visit this forum including the Moderators that administrate it have no clue how to correct this?

Wow, I figured this for an extremely trivial issue. Man I guess I stumped ya all huh?

Later,
KayBay
parusski

Post by parusski »

I would usually find your complaint inane. But I am WITH you on this one. It is really annoying to sign in and realize threads I have not read new posts on are greyed out. Please fix it, I am really that busy that I do not have time to re-read threads.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

Hey, Rutkins! Marc! Your Lords and Masters are annoyed. Stop working on those games and stuff and get right on this problem the Royal Highnesses have with their browsers. Obviously these V.I.P.s are too busy with their X boxes and Guitar Hero games to be bothered with remembering what they read yesterday. It aint their fault meth aint good for short term memory.

Chop -chop. Get on it before they become angry. You won't like them when they're angry. Me, I think they're pretty obnoxious when they're merely annoyed.[8|]
parusski

Post by parusski »

[>:] [:-]Now, now, now Doggie. As a 9 year member, with just 365 posts, I don't think most would see me as a VIP. 'Specially if anyone ever read my posts. I would guess 90% of the posts "make love" to the great Matrix, due to my love of everything they do. I just happen to find this on little oddity, well odd and annoying. If it is not fixed, ok. Also, I have not touched console games since my last son was 18(5 years ago) and left for college.

But all humour aside, The obnoxious remark was a way too much. Both Kaybayray and I posted very polite requests. But I will not insult any member of or employee of Matrix over this. Just would be nice to have it stop. The problem just recently started. I was concerned it might be due to Windows 7, despite the fact that I have been using it for nearly a year, playing Matrix games and visiting Matrix.com with NO issues. So it started visiting Matrix on using both XP and VISTA when this started a few weeks ago, and same thing occurs. And no, these OS's are not on the same PC's. I have each OS on 3 pc's. Oh yeah, it also happens with Ubuntu. But if the request to fix it will bother someone enough to unsult me, I withdraw the request. I don't care that damned much. Take care. [:@] [>:] [>:] [>:] [>:] [8|] [&o]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: kaybayray

Hey Guys,

Not sure when this happened but at some point recently.... last few months I think... when I go into a section on a Forum and read some threads after I log out and come back later all the threads in that forum that I have not read are Greyed out like those that I have read....

I don't know if it matters, but I never log out--I just open a new tab, close this one, and when I return to the Matrix forums only the threads I have viewed are grayed out.

Hope that helps.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Jeez Doggie,
Grow up a bit kid.

I noticed that in your "Smart n Snappy" response there was not one shred of a flicker of an answer to my question. Guess I stumped you too huh? [8D]

I figured that a more likely response would be something like:

Hey KayBay,

Go to the XXXXXX area in the Profile section and look for XXXXXX. In there you will find an option that will allow you to adjust the refreshing settings for threads you have not yet visited.

Later,

XYZ Moderator

Because you know I have searched through many areas of the "MY" areas on this forum including profiles and was unable to locate what ever it is that will adjust this. That is when I posted this question. I figured there was somebody out there that might know what I was looking for and be kind enough to share that with me.

But infortunately I found somebody that was only capable of Vomiting on me with Sophomoric Sarcastic humor.

Hopefully a bit more intelligent person will come along that has been taught better Toilet Training and enlighten me. So I will patiently await thier kind assistance.

Later,
KayBay
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

And now my reply to everybody else.

Yes I have been posting here for a couple years and this just started in the last couple months or sooner. I am still running XP on this machine at home and at work. Also run 2000 at work on some machines and it is happening on all of them as well. So I figured that something had changed in the Forum Configuration on Matrix's end and I just need to reset some setting to correct it.

No it's not world shattering and can wait. The guys here at Matrix are pretty good about keeping things running smoothly so I figure they will get around to it at some point. I also figured that I was not the only one that had noticed this happening. The games I participate in are fairly complex and have just been released or updated so there is a lot of great discussion going on regarding the changes in the game. So it gets a bit annoying trying to keep up on some of the more interesting threads with this issue. I'm not gona lose any sleep over it and eventually I will be able to correct it.

Later,

KayBay[8D]
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: kaybayray

and this just started in the last couple months or sooner.

I am still running XP on this machine at home and at work.

Also run 2000 at work on some machines and it is happening on all of them as well.

At Home I run WIN XP (for home) on the desktop and the laptop and at at the office we use WIN XP and I have not seen this problem.

I suspect it is a browser issue. It is the various browsers that get regular updates.

-
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Joe 98,
Thanks, I didnt think of that. I will check and see about updates for the browsers I am running and see if that does anything.

Later,
KayBay [8D]

Return to “General Discussion”