A PBEM without events.

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
cpdeyoung

A PBEM without events.

Post by cpdeyoung »

This is a turn from a PBEM with two players which lost all events a while back. It is now impossible to play as the Soviets are not handicapped in the first turns of the Russo-German war.

Could you please take a look, thanks!

Chuck
Attachments
AxisAiT051b.zip
(310.41 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
cpdeyoung

RE: A PBEM without events.

Post by cpdeyoung »

Any ideas? I am playing multiple scenarios, including the Uxbridge ETO mod. Could this have anything to do with two PBEM games going without events firing? The game above is a standard 1939 scenario, not ETO.

In this one I am the USSR, another player the Western allies, and the AI would get the events.

In the other PBEM three humans, including a human player for the Axis, but I am western allies in that one. No events for 9 weeks, none.

If you need repo.dat files I think we can supply them.

Chuck
Bleck

Post by Bleck »

It seems that there was wrong entry for "PBEM event choice", but so far I have no idea why. I've replaced it with the one from other PBEM save, try attached country.csv.
Attachments
countries.zip
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Wastelands Interactive member (Programmer)
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Event Player PBEM, perhaps?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

In one of my PBEM games I replaced the line for "Event Country PBEM" with :

75;1;PBEM event choice;FFFF;FFFFFF;FFFF;FFFFFF;0;0;0;-1;-1;0;1;1;1;0;1;1;1;0;0.000000;0;0;30;3;0;0;3;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;-1;-1;0;0;0;0;0.000000;10.000000;-1;-1;-1;0;1;12;24;36;48;60;0;0;0;0;1.000000;100.000000;100.000000;100.000000;100.000000;1

I then got an event (hoorah).

But I looked in my Scenario folder and all the countries.csv files seemed to have "Event Country PBEM".

Has there been a change in this "country" name between versions, or patches?

Chuck
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Do you know, Chuck, what this function do? Is it the trigger "country" for a number of events, or what? When I have ECP on Human, I'll get this country, but I can't leave it without changing it to AI. But with the AI on, we didn't seem to get any events either.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

If I remember correctly it was introduced to provide the mechanism for passing event decisions to the proper player. If an interturn question came up on,y the Axis saw it and the correct respondent might be the Soviets. This "country" could be passed around from player to player as need be to get the proper player to answer. When it is presented as a phasing player I, like you, have been switching it to AI, to continue.

We are going to want the programmers to tell us what is going on. I have three PBEM going on, one in your scenario, and I am hesitant to go much further till this is clear.

Chuck
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Yuo're right there.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I have tried over and over to get an event to fire. The very first time I pasted the above I got a Blucher event, but I was never able to repeat it in multiple tries. Those of your reading this, who are in PBEMs, could you please tell if you are seeing event issues. Are you seeing events, are the ones you expect happening.

Could the developers confirm what the country line should be for the event country? This would help a lot, to have an official word on what the line should be, and any other clues.

Chuck
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

I play Germany, Italy and minor Axis; second player UK, France, USSR and USA. Date January 1940.

When as Italy (after 2nd player's turn), I start game and change Event PBEM-player to human. Events happen and seem to fire (aid to Finland). I can't leave EPP without first turning him into AI once more.

As I see it, the last player/turn should activate EPP by turning it into human, then change back before end of turn. Seems to work.

Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

I'm in a two-hander vanilla V1.5 playing Axis (majors & minors) and Finland (neutral). The events fire between the end of the Finland turn and before the German turn and if there are any messages relevant to my opponent, I take a screencap and post that to him, either for information (because I've made a choice on his behalf according to previous discussions) or (should the occasion arise which it hasn't yet) for HIS decision, wheich means I have to accept the "save & exit option" and re-start later.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

ORIGINAL: Uxbridge

I play Germany, Italy and minor Axis; second player UK, France, USSR and USA. Date January 1940.

When as Italy (after 2nd player's turn), I start game and change Event PBEM-player to human. Events happen and seem to fire (aid to Finland). I can't leave EPP without first turning him into AI once more.

As I see it, the last player/turn should activate EPP by turning it into human, then change back before end of turn. Seems to work.

Uxbridge.

Something I have found... if you escape then return to the game you can then end turn the pbem player and the game progresses. I thought this was a bug and turned pbem player AI on my last turn.. but I think I will turn it back to human for the next round since AI seems to bunge up events.

So to be clear.. when your done with Italy (at least while Italy is Neutral.. it will probably be USSR once Italy enters the war) you will start a pbem country turn.

Hit escape and find yourself at the menu... resume game.. hit end turn and the turn ends.

I have tried just waiting a LONG time and you can never cause the turn to end that I have found.. neither does it end by itself, you MUST hit escape re-enter the game.. then end turn button is active again.. don't ask me why.. I found out by desperation trying to end turn.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I found that going into F11, doing nothing, and coming back works, which must be the same type of thing you found Mike.

Chuck
WarHunter

Post by WarHunter »

To add to the list of commands hit after the event phase, F1 is the key i use.
Then click on blank part of menu, which brings up the "send to next player", message.

“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

That worked well for me too. Guess we can set F1 as official trouble-solver.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Sorry it is not working. I've tried all of your suggestions in our pbem game of ETO multiple times and nothing is working consistently. I tried F1 and it crashed with no save. I tried saving and exiting before answering any events and crash with no save. I tried esc after answering the first event and I was able to save. When I got back in the game was still in the events and esc did not work this time. Tried F1 and crash with no save. Tried f11 and crash with no save. I'm up to 20 tries and I'm tried out.

Sending it to Uxbridge to figure it out. I'm all out of ideas.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Think I fixed it.

Return to “Tech Support”