sucessor to ja 2 ? did you know any ?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Czert

sucessor to ja 2 ? did you know any ?

Post by Czert »

Did you know succesors to JA 2 ? I tried brigade e5, but it was worse than original (mainly lacking of atmoshere). Any ideas ?¨
BTW I still enojing JA2, but I think it need something new.
Lützow

RE: sucessor to ja 2 ? did you know any ?

Post by Lützow »

There were several successors, from Silent Storm till Hired Guns and Brigade 7.62, but none which even came close to JA2/Wildfire. The Russians already have a successor to Brigade 7.62, called 'Marauder' (former: Project E8: Men of Prey).

http://www.maroder-game.ru/cgi-bin/show.pl?option=gallery
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Silent Storm definitely and if you haven't played the X-Com series then that for sure.
Zakhal

Post by Zakhal »

UFO:ET sold by matrix games is a good sequel to the original xcom games. Just dont play it without mods.
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Czert

Post by Czert »

I played silent storm+ sentinels, hammer and sickle - but they didnt impresed me, I rare them poor games, brigade E5 was good, nice story, good graphic and freedom, but bugs killed it. I hope they will create more bugfee sucessor. I loved x-com series, but they realy old games. Looking for 2005+ games. For ufo:ET - yes, without mods it is bad, with mods excelent, I just want good+ games without mods.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Check out Erik's Hired Guns:JE link.

If that's not close to JA2, nothing could be. [;)]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
gunny

Post by gunny »

UFO aftershock gets an an E for effort for simultaneous combat resolution and trying to bring back some x-com ambiance. But it ends there.
Brigade E5, as previously eluded to is somewhat disjointed for plot, but has the best realtime combat and ballistic attributes going, apparently 7.62 uses the same engine with better graphics, but is not for sale in North America... pity.

Yep Hired guns captured the jagged alliance mood, and tradition complete with laptop bartering mercs and turn based gunfights in a hot, lawless third world country. Wish we had more of it.

Silent storm arguably had the most potential. The engine was never used again for tactical squad WW2 combat, but was used for some role playing games.
GrouchyXe

Post by GrouchyXe »

JAII was a nice one. Regarding X-Com I did not enjoyed any version since X-Com appocalypse version in ... 1997

Did not tested Hired guns perhaps i should try the demo.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

You can buy the original X-Com games via Steam for about $3 each.

Return to “General Discussion”