Penalties for Losing a Life...

Smugglers IV - Doomsday is a fun and challenging turn-based space-trading game where you take command of an advanced space ship amidst a galaxy torn by war and crime! With your ship and skilled crew you can choose to be a greedy trader, ambitious bounty hunter, ruthless pirate, or one of the other professions in your quest for riches, fame, and power! Through trading, fulfilling missions, or pirating, you can earn the money and skills necessary to buy new ships and upgrade your equipment. As success brings larger ships, missions, and enemies, you'll have to manage a crew, board & plunder enemy ships, and even conquer star systems.
Hanal

Penalties for Losing a Life...

Post by Hanal »

Perhaps this is part of the "Difficult" level but I was thinking that in the Basic game, there should be a penalty for losing a battle and then using one of your lives....I was thinking that any current experience and money you have should be lost....Of course people could always reload but where is the fun in that!....[:D]
killroyishere

RE: Penalties for Losing a Life...

Post by killroyishere »

Where is the fun in losing all your current experience and all your money could be a question asked back.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

The fun is so that you are not too cavalier in fighting battles you might surely lose because of all the lives you have stored up..this lives option is making you spoiled, I mean afterall, how many games are simply, you die, you lose.... but, it could be made as a game setting option for the faint of heart....
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I think the dev posted something about this before...sorry I can't remember his answer or the thread
Alba gu' brath
eMonticello

Post by eMonticello »

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

The fun is so that you are not too cavalier in fighting battles you might surely lose because of all the lives you have stored up..this lives option is making you spoiled, I mean after all, how many games are simply, you die, you lose.... but, it could be made as a game setting option for the faint of heart....

X3 Terran Conflict. If you forget to save when docked at a station, you're dead, Jim. It's most annoying after colliding with an asteroid when you're ][ this close to finishing a long mission. So... Dock early and Dock often!

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

Return to “Smugglers IV - Doomsday”