BoB - AI luftwaffe not using all resources ?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

BlindBat

BoB - AI luftwaffe not using all resources ?

Post by BlindBat »

Hi all, brought the game as soon as I saw it was out and just managed to beat back the Luftwaffe from Britian. Bit of a worried time around turn 25 when my spitfire stocks dropped below 15 and I had to switch the hurricanes to fighter attack, but apart from that it went relatively smoothly

Though as I looked through the database after the victory, I couldn't help but wonder if the germans had been a bit lazy.
Several of the german units, both bomber and fighter units, apparently hadn't flown at all, were sitting around in France with a full complement of planes and pilots, 99 morale, and no missions flown. While other poor units had gotten so hammened they had above 60 lost planes and were lucky to have a total of 4 feldwebels for remaining pilots.

5th Luftflotte hadn't flown at all. Okay, I understand that in the 1940 campaign only the Group 11, 10 and 12 airfields give Air Superiority points, but still, they could have flown to Coltishall easily.

Most of KG 55 seem to have spent an easy war:

As have the entire KG 77 (note poor LG1 just above them, I wiped them out somewhere above North Weald at one point):

Pilots of KG 77:

I wonder, were all of these groups some that arrived just the day before the game ended ? I won on turn 31 as the german AI had not scored above 4 AS points.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”