The allies are paralyzed?

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
Phenix

The allies are paralyzed?

Post by Phenix »

Ok, first i really thougt this game was decent, but well into my second game, i notice that when im playing Germany the allies UK and USA aint doing nothing. im winning in Russia and in 2 games i have not seen 1!!! sea invasion from the allies?
Definately no D-day but not even a smaller diversion. I just dont mean in Germany or france im talking nowhere??

Have anyone experinced a good sea-invasion? or a bad one? :-)
Whats the develelopers take on this?is this something they have encountered ever? or should we be content to beat up Russia ?
Do the game adopt, such as "ohh germany steamrolls Russia, we better do something" or an event like when Germany has taken baku (or whatever) 50 US divisions are automatically placed if the force pool ready to sail?

Or neither of the above???

In that case this is just half a game.
vonRocko

RE: The allies are paralyzed?

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: this is just half a game.
Bingo! give that man a cigar!
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

not so fast, drop that cigar!

How far are you into the game? Historically, the Allies couldn't do anything till the invasion in North Africa in late 42.

bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Phenix

Ok, first i really thougt this game was decent, but well into my second game, i notice that when im playing Germany the allies UK and USA aint doing nothing. im winning in Russia and in 2 games i have not seen 1!!! sea invasion from the allies?
Definately no D-day but not even a smaller diversion. I just dont mean in Germany or france im talking nowhere??

Whats the develelopers take on this?is this something they have encountered ever? or should we be content to beat up Russia ?
Do the game adopt, such as "ohh germany steamrolls Russia, we better do something" or an event like when Germany has taken baku (or whatever) 50 US divisions are automatically placed if the force pool ready to sail?

This problem has never been solved and maybe never will be getting the AI to think like we do, probably the finest board game ever to be made will be coming to Matrix [dont know when, it has been six years worked on] in a computer version called MWIF and you should read those forums on the AI whew, scary.

Bo
axisandallies

Post by axisandallies »

ORIGINAL: bo

This problem has never been solved and maybe never will be getting the AI to think like we do, probably the finest board game ever to be made will be coming to Matrix [dont know when, it has been six years worked on] in a computer version called MWIF and you should read those forums on the AI whew, scary.

Bo
I've played WIF for many years....I don't see how any AI could compete with a human player. I like you Bo have been waiting....When the AI becomes predictable is when the game becomes boring. If the game last into late 1943 or early 1944, I have noticed the US is very aggressive.
Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

I've never seen an AI do much in the way of amphibious landings.   In any game I've ever played.
AH4Ever

Post by AH4Ever »

...well into my second game, I notice that when playing Germany the allies UK and USA ain't doing nothing.

The AI seems to favor the USSR - This game I'm playing USA Difficulty set to hard - All other countries are AI except Denmark which I took over so I could utilize Copenhagen.

The UK AI has only re-based a couple of air units to Belgium.

Attachments
TheAI.jpg
TheAI.jpg (190.37 KiB) Viewed 86 times
JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

In Soviet Russia, AI plays YOU!
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

But in decadent capitalist West, AI steals all your PPs[:(], closes bank, sell your house[&:] then tell you this best system in whole world.[:D] Offers job for your little gurrl, though! Pretty gurrl.[:-]
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
Phenix

Post by Phenix »

but, but are we content with this ? No, we arent!
Why no answer from the developers on this i wonder...:-)?
Is this something thats going to be fixed in a patch or atleast bigger involvement from the US in the game? no?
Will the UK actually do anything beside sail the seven seas?

I understand its hard to create amphibious (sp) invasions from the ai (look at HOI) but i dont mind if the ai cheat to get the job done, somehow that atleast when Russia is on its knees they are doing something?

Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Is this something thats going to be fixed in a patch or atleast bigger involvement from the US in the game? no?

Yes :)
Phenix

Post by Phenix »

Good! cheat away all you want as long as they do something :-)
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

In fact AI has some scripts for amphibious invasions in North Africa, Sicily, Italy and France, but they  work under some conditions and AI avoids suicidal assaults...
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Anraz

In fact AI has some scripts for amphibious invasions in North Africa, Sicily, Italy and France, but they  work under some conditions and AI avoids suicidal assaults...
HI Anraz where have you been lately have not heard from you hope everything is okay with you and your family. Slight correction on the AI suicdal comment, the AI USA sent two small divisions into Sicily against strong Italian units [me] in the area which easily wiped them out and they the AI Americans had very little back up if any, I am going to make a suggestion in another post.

Bo
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Hi Bo, I had to take a few days off from the forum due to a need of healing the trauma which seared into my psyche after reading a few posts and realizing the evil we are bringing to the players... ;) I'm OK now though ;) I hope you have a sense of humor...
bo

Post by bo »

Hi Bo, I had to take a few days off from the forum due to a need of healing the trauma which seared into my psyche after reading a few posts and realizing the evil we are bringing to the players... ;) I'm OK now though ;) I hope you have a sense of humor...
Hi Anraz I do have a sense of humor, QUITE SOUR! If you are referring to me I will back off, trauma is not a good thing and I want you around when we pan TOW Pacific [:D] Glad to see you back REALLY I mean that. Again I like the game but would like to see some things done differently, if I didnt like the game I would be over at Battlefront harrasing them about their SC series, but they are hopless, so I stay here and annoy you. Besides Anraz my wife watches Jolly Joe the polka master and band leader here in Pennsylvania USA, not Transylvania [you know vampires] and if she knew I was picking on someone Polish I would be in big trouble [no perogies ever][:-]

Bo
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Jolly Joe the polka master

[:D]Jolly Joe Timmer! We're from the same neck of the woods Bo. I use to love seeing Happy Louie at Jolly Joes' grove. He used to give free beer up there! Many years ago now. [;)]
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Hi Bo, I have neither  been in Pennsylvania nor Transylvania, and also fortunately  haven`t met any vampire (but who knows maybe one day I will regret it). Anyway I can list at least 20 American states just form the top of my head so my self-confidence allow me to believe I can distinguish those two places, especially  while looking at a map... However who knows whether I would recognize a place properly if I was parachuted into one of those in the middle of night :D
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Jolly Joe the polka master

[:D]Jolly Joe Timmer! We're from the same neck of the woods Bo. I use to love seeing Happy Louie at Jolly Joes' grove. He used to give free beer up there! Many years ago now. [;)]
Ooooops Von, Jolly Joe drives me nuts its my wife who likes him and she is Irish, we are from just outside of Philadelphia [go phillies] and he was on a cable station called RCN.

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

Hi Bo, I have neither  been in Pennsylvania nor Transylvania, and also fortunately  haven`t met any vampire (but who knows maybe one day I will regret it). Anyway I can list at least 20 American states just form the top of my head so my self-confidence allow me to believe I can distinguish those two places, especially  while looking at a map... However who knows whether I would recognize a place properly if I was parachuted into one of those in the middle of night :D

Uh Anraz,[>:] Transylvania is in Romania not the USA and you would not want to parachute into Philadelphia unless you had at least 3 divisions of paras to keep you safe.[:D]

Bo

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”