Japanese Pilot Training Command - TRACOM

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

StoneAge

Japanese Pilot Training Command - TRACOM

Post by StoneAge »

This covers only the TRACOM section of the Pilot Management System. One thing that has changed for Patch 2 (1095) a line unit now can be transfered to Tracom at 81+.
How it works:
Training Command is simple. Do one of 2 things.

a. Nothing- This is the same as what you had in WitP

b. While perusing your operational units, note that some Pilots are Yellow in color. Which qualifies them to be an "instructor". Click that pilot and click "yes" when the dialogue asks if you want him to transfer to the Training Command. Give it a few days/weeks and he'll appear in you Reserve pool with the group assignment "Training Command". This means he is actively contributing to:

- 1. Pilot time to train. As in fully trained replacements will come slightly faster. Don't expect entire months to be shaved off the 12 month cirriculum.

- 2. Pilot Replacement EXP. This only occurs if Pilots are being pulled from training EARLY. This feature was intended to help IJ player with decaying pilot EXP, not so the allies can be more Uber in their pilot production. We only included it for our own sanity, so we wouldn't to listen to AFB crying foul.

1 occurs first. Then 2 takes effect when National Average EXP suffers from over-requesting replacements. Replacement EXP CANNOT be extended past Normal National Averages under any circumstances.

- TheElf
Line Unit pilots need to be 81 exp minimum. - StoneAge

This changed from 86 to 81 in patch 2
Reserve Pool pilots need to be 81 exp minimum. - Sardaukar

Supply:
(Condenced) Yeah, this is the undocumented.
Pilot training only happens at the end of the month, taking affect on the first.
5 HI per pilot per month is used to maintain the pilot training pool.
Lack of HI will impact the number of pilots that can be moved through the monthly cycle. This represents planes and fuel for training purposes.
-michaelm

Reporting:
This will be found in the following report
OPERATIONAL REPORT FOR Feb 28, 42

Accelerated training for 142 IJ Army pilots - StoneAge

Tip:
Best to put experienced pilots in Training Command in groups of 10 - Unknown

Extra Patch 2:
There is some behind the scenes action with training of raw pilots and TRACOM.

The number of TRACOM guys can increase the month's EXP rating of the raw pilots.
If the new EXP exceeds the national EXP, then a random number of pilots will 'graduate' early.
When this happens, you get a message "instructors accelerate training of" in the operation report.

In general, this jump is only going to occur in the last month of training, unless you add a huge number of pilots to TRACOM.

A rough guide is: for every 10 in TRACOM (of the correct nationality), the monthly EXP might be increased by one.

Adjustments to the pilot training happens on the first day of the month.

The monthly EXP increase of the raw pilots (ignoring TRACOM effect) is a random amount (-2 to +2).

The new monthly EXP starts out as an average of the pilots in the month and those moving from the previous month.
- michaelm
StoneAge

RE: Japanese Training Command

Post by StoneAge »

Training Command is simple. Do one of 2 things.

a. Nothing- This is the same as what you had in WitP

b. While perusing your operational units, note that some Pilots are Yellow in color. Their EXP is above 80, which qualifies them to be an "instructor". Click that pilot and click "yes" when the dialogue asks if you want him to transfer to the Training Command. Give it a few days/weeks and he'll appear in you Reserve pool with the group assignment "Training Command". This means he is actively contributing to:

- 1. Pilot time to train. As in fully trained replacements will come slightly faster. Don't expect entire months to be shaved off the 12 month cirriculum. NO I won't divulge the formula that governs how quickly you can accelerate training, or the optimum mix of instructors etc.

- 2. Pilot Replacement EXP. This only occurs if Pilots are being pulled from training EARLY. This feature was intended to help IJ player with decaying pilot EXP, not so the allies can be more Uber in their pilot production. We only included it for our own sanity, so we wouldn't to listen to AFB crying foul.

1 occurs first. Then 2 takes effect when National Average EXP suffers from over-requesting replacements. Replacement EXP CANNOT be extended past Normal Natl Averages under any circumstances.

TheElf

Seems Simple But:

I have moved all 80+ plus pilots from the replacement list into the Traing Command. Most don't arrive for another few months, the others are WIA's. On the 02/15/1942 I have the grand total 13 of pilots assigned to the Training command. With no effect as they have not arrived or are wounded.

I have a Squadron of zero pilots I would like to put into the Training Command, half thier number are above 80+ Exp and some even have def in the 80+ range. (They had a great time over Malaya)

Exp 80+
At same base as thier Air HQ
Fatigue at 0 to 10
Base Supply 30000+
Saigon 5

and still no yellow names

Have checked all my other units plenty of 80+ pilots. Not one of thier names have turned yellow yet.

What is the secret?

Have any other Japanese players been able to do this yet?
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

Wow 117 views and nobody knows the answer. I would have thought the other Japanese players would like to know this or at least already know.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

121 hits now .. i have no idea but i'll say good luck in your search for answers though.

Maybe they need to be disbanded and returned to the pools before you can re-assign them . as i dont think you can directly from squadrons.

just my random guess
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

I think it is possible to re-assing pilots from squadrons. I pretty sure I did it with my first double-ace zero pilot.

But now I do have same problem as StoneAge. I can only re-assing reserve pilots. [&:]
GB68

Post by GB68 »

The only thing I would say which might be a factor, is that I've found the pilots need to have an experience level of 85+, not 80+.

Playing Scenario 2, in which the Japanese begin with better trained pilots, there are many more highly experienced pilots and they all turn yellow upon reaching 85 experience. As far as I can see, other factors such as supply, HQs, fatigue do not seem to be an issue.
"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"
- Spike Milligan
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Yes, now I remember something like that too. Squadron pilots need to have 85+ experience. Still reserve pilots need only experience of 80+ to re-assing them to instuctors, I'm sure about that.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Yep, reserve pilots need exp of 81 or more for transfer to Training Command. I think you guys may be right, that line unit pilot needs exp 85 or more. Never noticed that myself, but I play only Allies and rarely send pilots from line units to Training Command.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

@ work I will try and confirm this tonight "reserve pilots need exp of 80+ or 81+" and "pilots from active squadrons need to be 85+"
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: StoneAge

@ work I will try and confirm this tonight "reserve pilots need exp of 80+ or 81+" and "pilots from active squadrons need to be 85+"

At least in my Allied scen 6 game, reserve pool pilots need definitely 81 exp minimum.

Confirmed from Allied side that it seems to be 85 or so for line unit transfer to TC. Had several 81-82, cannot transfer, but was able to transfer 3 pilots with 87 exp.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Does it matter what type of pilot you send to training command?

If not, I wouldn't be sending fighter pilots; those are the toughest to replace. I would look to send transport or float plane pilots, where lack of experience in the replacement pilot will be much less...fatal.
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

Does it matter what type of pilot you send to training command? - Q-Ball

I need to send some of my fighter pilots to the training command where they will be safe until 43. I have had a few killed in op's crashes lately no where near the front lines. The other thing they do is speed up the training of some pilots. "Accelerated training for 21 pilots" on the operations report last day of the month I think. This will be needed as the pool is drained.
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

reserve pool pilots need definitely 81 exp minimum. - Sardaukar

I agree with this totally as I have pilots in my reserve pool at 80 not yellow and pilots at 81 and they are all yellow.
I think you guys may be right, that line unit pilot needs exp 85 or more. - Sardaukar

I think they need to be 86 and above will confirm this when this pilot goes to 86 and turns yellow.

Attachments
84pilot.jpg
84pilot.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 80 times
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

And here is the proof that 86 is the cut off for Line Units

Attachments
86.jpg
86.jpg (23.82 KiB) Viewed 83 times
StoneAge