Starting Japan campaign

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

jerrylt2008

Starting Japan campaign

Post by jerrylt2008 »

Hello,

I am going to jump into the areana as the Japanese. I have beaten the Japanese two straight times overwhelimngly. I believe I can now put the kibash on the Allies now.

I have some questions now:

1. The garrison levels in China, How is that calculated? What figure on the LCU informational panel is used to calculate this?
2. What sites need oil first?
3. What sites should get an automatic oil delivery every turn?
4. Which factories should be turned on or off?
5. Which sites should have resources taken from or to?

These are a few, I will obviously get more that need answering.

Thank you.
"One tin soldier rides away........."
Ric

RE: Starting Japan campaign

Post by Ric »

Which scenario you will play?
Local Yokel

Post by Local Yokel »

Some general indications:

1. It's a formula. See section 8.5 of the manual. The total assault value of all your LCU's at the base must => the garrison value, else you suffer damage from partisans.
2. Honshu, Honshu and Honshu. Though not necessarily in that order. Other locations having heavy indsutry may also need oil (and resources) periodically. Check on this using a utility such as Tracker or Decoder.
3. Don't really understand. Oil and resources move to where they are needed via the road/rail net from bases having a surplus. This means that you must first transport these items to bases from which they can then move to where they are needed. Generally speaking, this means bases in Honshu.
4. Up to you to decide. YOU are in charge: YOU set the production priorities you think appropriate. Generally, you want to be sure you have enough HI plants operating to consume all the oil and resources you are able to ship in. HI is a basic building block - you can't really get enough of it.
5. See 2 above. You get resources from wherever you can. THis means capture of the resource-rich bases in Malaya, Sumatra, Java etc

HTH
jerrylt2008

Post by jerrylt2008 »

sorry, forgot to include that info.

Andrew Browns scenario 115 - full campaign using his extended map ver 6.3.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Dont forget to pick up the Oil/Resources at Pt Arthur, Shanghai and on the Sakhalin Is (and others)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
jerrylt2008

Post by jerrylt2008 »

WOW!!!!

Just found out why as allies I can free up so many more units than the Japanese. This garrison rules freezes so many great Japanese units in place. If they did not have this rule, I could take China and Indochina. It seems like you have to empty Korea and Indochina to use as assault forces on mainland China. Any thoughts on this?

So many Japanese Infantry Divisions stuck in cities to meet the garrison levels. I have found about 12 great untis with an assault value of between 3500 and 4000. With this I could take every major city in China.

CMDRMCTOAST

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

ORIGINAL: jerrylt2008

WOW!!!!

Just found out why as allies I can free up so many more units than the Japanese. This garrison rules freezes so many great Japanese units in place. If they did not have this rule, I could take China and Indochina. It seems like you have to empty Korea and Indochina to use as assault forces on mainland China. Any thoughts on this?

So many Japanese Infantry Divisions stuck in cities to meet the garrison levels. I have found about 12 great untis with an assault value of between 3500 and 4000. With this I could take every major city in China.

Rotate your forces in and out of combat and rest them in manchuria...[:D]
And then kick russias A$$ AFTER CHINAS GONE.....[;)]
The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”