3d Aircraft?

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: warshipbuilder, simovitch

DWatson60

3d Aircraft?

Post by DWatson60 »

Request assistance please. I cannot determine how to enable the aircraft in 3D. All I have are boxes depicting national identities/flags. I had the original BTR and did not encounter this problem. With the number of pictures hung in the forum featuring 3D aircraft, I assume there is a setting I'm missing that would allow me to see planes flying to their targets in lieu of boxes.

thank you
harley

RE: 3d Aircraft?

Post by harley »

Doug, you've changed to "roundels" in the preferences page. There are 3 settings - planes, boxes or roundels. The preferences page lets you pick either planes or roundels, then on the map page you get to override that with the boxes. 
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
DWatson60

Post by DWatson60 »

Harley

Firstly, thank you for all the work you have done over the years with this game, much appreciated.

The options presented on the preference page does not include "planes", only
roundels "on" or "off." Or am I looking in the wrong area?

thank you
DWatson60

Post by DWatson60 »

PS

I'm using the new released Matrix version "Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich." There seems to be little to no difference between the original Bombing the Reich and this one but then again it has been a number of years. When I purchased the new version, I was hoping for all of the patches/updates developed by Mr. Harley but again, I don't see it. Do these patches/mods work with the new release?
harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: DougW60
The options presented on the preference page does not include "planes", only
roundels "on" or "off." Or am I looking in the wrong area?

Yes, that's it. Just turn roundels off and you'll go back to the default - planes.
harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: DougW60

PS

I'm using the new released Matrix version "Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich." There seems to be little to no difference between the original Bombing the Reich and this one but then again it has been a number of years. When I purchased the new version, I was hoping for all of the patches/updates developed by Mr. Harley but again, I don't see it. Do these patches/mods work with the new release?

Not sure what you mean by this? Ron (HARD Sarge) has put hundreds of hours into the database to get that accurate and more advanced, I have put several thousand hours into the code to change the screen res, and countless changes to the AI, production system, fuel system, pilot databases... Waynno (USS_MAINE) has been there, doing the grunt work I either couldn't be bothered doing, or I passed to him cos I thought he was smarter than me. I wish he'd come out of hiding sometimes.
DWatson60

Post by DWatson60 »

Thank you, that worked.

Regarding my comment, I realise it was too broad of a statement as I'm looking too closely at only a few items. What brought on the statement is that I've gone through several interations of Italy's surrender and all have resulted in no Italian units staying with the Axis. I understand there is a phased return of potential units but I haven't seen anything yet.

All in all an outstanding improvement in regards to stats, engine to plane relationship, units, AI, etc so my comment was without warrent. Possible fustration regarding getting things back to what I remembered it to be.

Senility is a horrible thing to deal with!

Again thank you

Return to “Tech Support”