Difficulty hard under 1.6?

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
Phenix

Difficulty hard under 1.6?

Post by Phenix »

Thanks for a fun game, im only on my second game but patch 1.6 seems much, much harder than 1.5.
Even France is tough, cant imagine how hard Russia is going to be...
Has anyone won on hard difficulty under the new patch?

Air losses seems ehum...steep, i almost never use air now for bombing raids.
micheljq

RE: Difficulty hard under 1.6?

Post by micheljq »

ORIGINAL: Phenix

Thanks for a fun game, im only on my second game but patch 1.6 seems much, much harder than 1.5.
Even France is tough, cant imagine how hard Russia is going to be...
Has anyone won on hard difficulty under the new patch?

Air losses seems ehum...steep, i almost never use air now for bombing raids.

Much harder? Great!! [:)][:)]
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

During development of 1.6 patch played several games as Soviet Union (very hard) against Germany (AI normal) and it gave me a lot of hard moments. Still I was able to win around 44 but several times I was in doubts. I recommend this experience for advanced players.
Phenix

Post by Phenix »

Hi Anraz, did anyone try the other way around, playing as Germany?
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

Using beta 1.6 I played at normal settings Russia and stopped the German advances by Kiev and Pskov and finally conquered Germany and all of France by late 44.

Germany  with beta 1.6  I got stuck against Russia in the Pskov and Kiev areas meeting a lot of strong Russian units.

Now with released 1.6  I am doing Germany and have established Vichy and invaded England by late spring 40. The English fleets were a lot tougher on the invading transports though.

In general Germany suffers from large upkeep costs that reduce their PP a lot where the Russians seems not to have that problem.

vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I realize very few people would want to admit this, but I'm going to ask anyway. Has anyone ever lost the game playing as Germany vs. the AI? I would like to know if the AI is any good at liberating conquered countries and areas. It seems like Germany just rolls over everywhere accept Russia. I'm especially concerned that England seems too easy to defeat, and it seems players routinely have England gone before they attack Russia.Has anyone ever lost Berlin?(vs. AI)
Thanks
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Has anyone ever lost the game playing as Germany vs. the AI?

Do developers count? ;)
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Anraz
Has anyone ever lost the game playing as Germany vs. the AI?

Do developers count? ;)

Is that an admission that the AI conquered Germany for you? [:D] I guess if the creation can beat the creator, then it isn't too bad!

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”