Air Strike

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
markacres

Air Strike

Post by markacres »

Newbie question here - I just started my first game as Germans. When I select a Polish unit, no air strike icon is available - this is on the first turn. Am I missing something?
Mark Acres
doomtrader

RE: Air Strike

Post by doomtrader »

First you should select your own fighters, and if there are some enemy airplanes in victinity, you can attack them then.
markacres

Post by markacres »

Thanks, doomtrader. However, I thought that as per section 9 of the manual bombers or fighter bombers would be able to attack enemy infantry. Is that not the case here?
Mark Acres
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We have largly improved the air fights in the 1.60 patch, but the manual isn't updated with the changes yet.
markacres

Post by markacres »

Yes - I just found the "air strike" icon on the air units, rather than the ground units, so the player can now control which air unit or units strike a particular ground unit. Excellent!

I notice some units that seem to be fighter units have no ground strike icons - does this reflect doctrine or how the designers see them being used in play?
Mark Acres
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: markacres

Yes - I just found the "air strike" icon on the air units, rather than the ground units, so the player can now control which air unit or units strike a particular ground unit. Excellent!

I notice some units that seem to be fighter units have no ground strike icons - does this reflect doctrine or how the designers see them being used in play?

Ground strike is done with Tactical Bombers, not fighters.
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

Actually, some fighters were able to do tactical missions, except that their range was often reduced in this role and that they were in general less good at this than a bomber. But, again many WW2 fighters did play a great role as tactical bombers as well.

I can understand that in this game they want to simplify things though.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

Return to “Tech Support”