Old Minor League Players

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Wrathchild

Old Minor League Players

Post by Wrathchild »

What is the best thing to do with older players that might still have on your roster for whatever reason, but that you are basically putting out to pasture? Do you dump them into AAA to leave them with a little dignity? If you do so, won't that take away from playing time for the players you're trying to develop? Wouldn't the best thing be to just dump them with their wheelchairs and canes into A and see if they can keep up with the kids? Somehow it just seems wrong to put them at the lowest level of the minors, but I feel that if I don't I'm inhibiting my other players that matter.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Orcin

RE: Old Minor League Players

Post by Orcin »

A lot of older players spent their last days in AA or A ball in your era. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Unless of course, you are keeping them from catching on with another team. You are still paying them, so it's not all bad.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”