Radar stats of BTR

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

guctony

Radar stats of BTR

Post by guctony »

Can Somebody tell me
where can we find the stats of German radars. And does the type of Radar change according to their development or planes keep their production Radars

Regards
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
wernerpruckner

RE: Radar stats of BTR

Post by wernerpruckner »

Radar on aircraft will upgrade to other radars on an A/C for A/C basis

Radar of the ground installations stays the same throughout the game.
RAM

Post by RAM »

I'd add that some extra in-game information on german/allied airborne radars would be helpful. Along the lines of "Radar type XXX, does not suffer from jamming, is an improvement over the previous because X, Y and Z"...

I mean, currently you know the type of radar a nightfighter has, but you don't really get to know what does that radar mean when talking about in-game effects [:)]
RAM

"Look at me! look at me!!!

Not like that! NOT LIKE THAT!!!"
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

would the pilots know that ? would the commanders ?

remember on the 262, when they opened the hatches to the engines, the pilots had to leave the area, only the engine men were allowed to be around

some of this stuff was so secert, that you were allowed to use it, but you could look at it, or talk about it
Nemo121

Post by Nemo121 »

Well HardSarge, I doubt that the Germans deployed radars in all their nightfighters without testing those radars in flying tests against their own night fighters/bombers.

So, yes, I feel quite certain that the commanders would know ( roughly ) what those radars could do./... e.g. This radar can detect a He-177 at 5 miles, this other one can only do it at 2 miles. etc etc etc.

Sure it wouldn't be as precise as flying against Lancasters etc ( unless you had a few in KG200 ) but I think it is beyond belief that the German commanders wouldn't order a few "comparative tests".

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

and you can do the same tests they did ?

in other words, I don't have all of the notes I took for the manual, that wasn't added in, when my computer crashed all my notes were lost

right now, I am a little busy with trying to get a patch up and out
RAM

Post by RAM »

first things first, and patches/updates are up that list :).

Some information about it would be helpful...when it can be done. No hurry, Hard Sarge, I think I speak in the name of everyone when I say that what you guys have already done is more than great, and any further things incoming (patches/information/feedback, etc) is a wonderful bonus :)
RAM

"Look at me! look at me!!!

Not like that! NOT LIKE THAT!!!"
Nemo121

Post by Nemo121 »

HardSarge, nope, I can't do those tests in-game.

Certainly, by all means, get the patch out first but after that it really would be helpful for people who don't know every detail of Flensburgs and 212s vs 220s to have some sort of listing of what their actual capabilities are.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
fthein

Post by fthein »

Are the radar descriptions in the old btr readme still valid?
guctony

Post by guctony »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

and you can do the same tests they did ?

in other words, I don't have all of the notes I took for the manual, that wasn't added in, when my computer crashed all my notes were lost

right now, I am a little busy with trying to get a patch up and out

I cant stop myself saying this but if we are trying to simulate the lone pilot who doesnt have the luxury of looking in to his planes engines. Why are we flying 1000 of them all over the Europe with every possible Strategic decision making. We are just allowed to use one of them.
This game was greater and is more great now. And I dont care much can not be changed because of the codes, etc. But either radar stats were same with the old game or not. If we can at least know that we wouldnt care for searching the old stuff in the archives. But as you mention that data is lost that we must deduce that data has ben changed and was been lost so even the builders dont know what they designed.

Thats good
It makes you build all type of Night figters so not to risk some low quality radar on my plane.

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”