Holy Cow

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JWE

Holy Cow

Post by JWE »

Just saw Earth Against the Flying Saucers on the History Chanel. Gosh - never knew the Capitol got whacked; golly, what a tribute to our architects and reconstruction engineers.

And, Wow, never knew we had that electro-magno-whatthehecko-thingo that drops alien saucers. Maybe that's why the Sovs dropped the wall - we had a saucer; woof.

Gosh!! History Channel is so informative!! I had no idea!! I mean, ghosts, Nostradamos, the universal Masonic conspiracy to do something (not sure what, but secret is always bad, yes) secret Japanese nuclear testing and trans-luminal physics, and the proof that people in the 14th century not only bathed regularly, but wore laundered linen, dry cleaned cloaks, and had Brasso-shined armor.

Golly! History Channel is so hot!!
Terminus

RE: Holy Cow

Post by Terminus »

Why don't you tell us what you really think, John?[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Why don't you tell us what you really think, John?[:D]
Oh, gosh, not what I think, T, I'm as amazed as you about the truth. Woof!! But the History Channel says it's so, so ...

I didn't mind all that much about the secret societies controlling our destiny (the Masons, or the Templars, or ancient astronauts, or somebody), but Holy Neutrinos, Batman, I never knew the Japanese developed, not only the 'bomb', but also fusion energetics and supra-luminal transport physics.

I am impressed!
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I'm most fascinated by their atomic-powered bomber.
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

It's not all that suprising John.  The "History Channel" was created by the Cable TV Industry..., the same group who seem convinced that their subscriber's wallets are bottemless pits of money.   Obviously when they began the "History Channel" they made the same mistake, assuming 1000 hours of old historical documentaries was a bottomless pit of programming. 

Then you must factor in the sad truth that for all of these folks (and a fair percentage of the viewing public), "history" is whatever they saw at the movies when they were growing up.  This is also reflected in the hiring practices of most American School Systems..., where the first question to any applicant for a position teaching History is "What can you coach?"
jomni

Post by jomni »

At least, History Channel is still better than Discovery Channel at it's current state.

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Well, that's because Discovery doesn't have any history shows any more. Not really saying much.
Hanzberger

Post by Hanzberger »

The History channel is really sad.  They don't want the truth to get out.  I'll keep my politics out of it but I think JWE understands whats really going on. 
Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

If I still watched TV, I might be upset that Discovery is now almost exclusively devoted to soap operas and "reality" shows, but hey-ho...
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

You need to know who owns history channel, then the recent programing we have been getting will make sense.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

And how about those prison gangs and motorcycle clubs ? Wow, informative history going on there for sure.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

The History channel was never all that accurate. Now days, it looks more like a tabloid. I only notice the shows while passing the channel-seldom do I settle down with my former favorite channel any more.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

What is this "Tee Vee" of which you speak?
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

Just because it is on the "HISTORY" channel does not make
it fact. I suspect that there is more to these type of reports than we have been told to be.
Remember that if a civilization had the technology to go from the nearest star to us there level of technology would be much higher and advanced than our oun.
On the other hand you should take a lot of the stuff on that channel with a grain of sand. It does make for great viewing however irregardless of what you personally believe.

In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form. Carl Sagan once said that if two different civilizations would meet in space that ONE would be far more advanced than the other. Food for thought.

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
comte

Post by comte »

I think since they changed their name to just "History" and dropped Channel they became a tabloid documentary and reality TV Channel. I mean cmon now they have a reality show about a Pawn Shop just sad. Hopefully Soviet super ape men like the ones on Monster Quest won't attack me for posting this....
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: madgamer
In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form.

You really think we're an intelligent life form?
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

I'd chime in but my tin foil hat keeps falling off
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: madgamer

In the whole of the universe we can't be the only intelligent life form. Carl Sagan once said that if two different civilizations would meet in space that ONE would be far more advanced than the other. Food for thought.

Madgamer

Problem with all these "alien theories" is not that there can't be other intelligent lifeforms in the Universe, or even this Galaxy. The problem is that the Universe is a really, REALLY, REALLY BIG place..., and the chance of two of these lifeforms being close enough to actually come into contact is incredibly small
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

You need to know who owns history channel, then the recent programing we have been getting will make sense.

Well, duh...
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Yeah I find it funny that the cable company only really has two teirs, one for the poor and if you go higher than basic you have to pay out the wahzoo into the $100's of dollars. I work for Time Warner Cable lol so I know. They charge for every little thing from the dvr box to the remote control they even charge to keep your equipment insured that you rent anyway lol. Yeah a $9.99 box fee and then $7.99 a month service fee on the box each box btw and you have to rent each box for each room of the house. What a racket.

Return to “General Discussion”