The Minor Bug List

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: warshipbuilder, simovitch

TechSgt

The Minor Bug List

Post by TechSgt »

HS, Harley, etc;

Figured I'd start this to pool the "minor"... er... glitches? And HS's spelling... [:D]

After having it a couple of days, Great game gents

43 BtR campaign, OOB, FC, 501st Squadron is listed as 10 Group & 11 Group. Map display is 11 Group.

43 BtR campaign, OOB, 2 TAF, 41st Squadron is listed as 83 Group & 84 Group. Map display is 83 Group.

43 BtR campaign, OOB, FC, 85 Squadron is listed as 11 Group & Light Night Squadron. Map display is LNS.

Beta Patch:
43 BtR campaign, OOB, 2 TAF, 604 Squadron shows as 85 Group and Light Night Squadron. Unit starts based at Catterick 321, 54 (LNS)
In List Air Units 604 Sqdn displays as 85 Group.

Edit: This was from the '43 campaign.
Edit 1.1: Added 85 Squadron to list
Edit 1.2: Beta patch Add 604 Squadron to list
harley

RE: The Minor Bug List

Post by harley »

Make sure you list the campaign for OB issues - the first one could be any of 4 databases, the second could be either thr 43 or 44 BTR campaigns. 
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ahhh, crudwell

that is a airfield thing

will look into it

StkNRdr

Post by StkNRdr »

I came across this while playing as the Germans in the resolution phase. When I hit the down arrow to move the map, the bottom of the screen reverted to a partial view of mission review. This happened several times. I simply clicked Stop/Start to bring back the correct info. Link to screenshot below. At times the height of the box was twice as high as what is shown in the screenshot, but only stayed that way temporarily. You can seen buttons that remained though in the La Harve area of the map.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3524/399 ... d847_o.jpg
harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: StkNRdr

I came across this while playing as the Germans in the resolution phase. When I hit the down arrow to move the map, the bottom of the screen reverted to a partial view of mission review. This happened several times. I simply clicked Stop/Start to bring back the correct info. Link to screenshot below. At times the height of the box was twice as high as what is shown in the screenshot, but only stayed that way temporarily. You can seen buttons that remained though in the La Harve area of the map.

I found and nailed that one a couple of days ago! I was hoping noone would notice. If you use your mouse scroll wheel, the text will display over the map.
Nicholas Bell

Post by Nicholas Bell »

The "Show All Paths" Button in the Top Orders Bar does not function in when creating a new mission.  It works if you are reviewing missions, but when you click on Bombing Mission, Recon Mission, or Fighter Sweep, the existing paths disappear.

This makes it impossible to create new missions which are coordinated with existing missions.
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Is that a bug ? Thought it was in the original ? I agree that it makes it very hard to organize co-ordinated strikes timed and placed around the primary mission, especially "back end fighter sweeps" so beloved by some of us.

ORIGINAL: Nicholas Bell

The "Show All Paths" Button in the Top Orders Bar does not function in when creating a new mission.  It works if you are reviewing missions, but when you click on Bombing Mission, Recon Mission, or Fighter Sweep, the existing paths disappear.

This makes it impossible to create new missions which are coordinated with existing missions.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Very minor thing, but when I hit " move AC" in BTR and then click on a highlighted AB, the unit text in the AB screen is all overlayed and garbeled. Exiting and doing again clears that up.  Maybe only on my setup.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

ORIGINAL: Richard III

Is that a bug ? Thought it was in the original ? I agree that it makes it very hard to organize co-ordinated strikes timed and placed around the primary mission, especially "back end fighter sweeps" so beloved by some of us.

ORIGINAL: Nicholas Bell

When I got down to tightly co-ordinating missions, I noticed the same thing.
Displaying all paths was available in the old TOH when creating a new mission.
Was worried it was just my system.

TS
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

ORIGINAL: harley

ORIGINAL: StkNRdr

I found and nailed that one a couple of days ago! I was hoping noone would notice. If you use your mouse scroll wheel, the text will display over the map.
You 'da man! [&o]

Thought I had noticed something similar. But, I must have been mistaken. [;)]

TS
Conflux

Post by Conflux »

Nachtjagd scenarios

BC has no recce assets, 106 PR Wing is shown but has no squadrons
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

no day time for Recon to fly ?
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

one little "glitch" found in the detail-window:
the cruising speed value is 1 row too low.

Attachments
cruising_2.jpg
cruising_2.jpg (111.31 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Conflux

Post by Conflux »

Thanks HS thought it might be something like that... who needs recce anyway for area bombing

Thanks the quick reply and all your work on this great game.. these two great games[:)]

Cheers
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

If I have launched Winamp, during starting game crash with message "ERROR-Couldn't init font". Can you fix this issue? Thanks.
AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

If I have launched Winamp, during starting game crash with message "ERROR-Couldn't init font". Can you fix this issue? Thanks.

I was getting this error the first time I started the game, and then on the second attempt it would start OK.

Tonight, it is happening repeatedly :(
jomni

Post by jomni »

Have a separate thread but appropriate to post here as well.
harley

Post by harley »

No. You cannot take the focus away from BTR while it initialises the game. Some apps will take over between the video and the game, and cause this issue. Nothing I can do about it.
AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

No. You cannot take the focus away from BTR while it initialises the game. Some apps will take over between the video and the game, and cause this issue. Nothing I can do about it.

Cheers, at least I know how to avoid this error now.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

No problem, if I know, that this problem occurs with WinAmp all is ok. I close WinAmp before starting BTR and when BTR is runnig I start WinAmp and can listen some music. Thanks for reply!

Return to “Tech Support”