v1.85a Patch Available

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

puresimmer

v1.85a Patch Available

Post by puresimmer »

The first patch for the 1.85 release, (1.85A) is now available.

Download 1.85A

View 1.85A Release Notes
Developer, PureSim Baseball
puresimmer

RE: v1.85a Patch Available

Post by puresimmer »

Oh BTW, please add all feedback on 1.85A to this thread. Thanks.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Not necessarily feedback, but what I think may be a related question. My understanding is that this patch was to fix the draft when financials were turned off. Has something been changed recently with the way that the computer teams look at their players in general, whether finances are on or not? At the end of my last season, and after spring turning in my current, the computer teams dropped en masse quality, star players. The only thing that I could see in common was that these players all had Potential of 1, even though they may have had 4 out of 6, or more, ratings at 70 or above. We're talking All Star players, pitchers with winning records, players hitting consistently over .300, etc. If I posted the stats and ratings of these players I think there would be a number of surprised people. In many cases these players are habitual starters and are being released and replaced by draft picks. I'm sure there's some logic behind it but it is just shocking. It'd be like the Yankees releasing Ruth while he's still performing and replacing him with DiMaggio. Sure, the potential for stardom might be there, but are you really going to drop the sure thing in favor of the unknown. After all of this I have a couple of questions:

1) Has something changed that is giving more weight to the Potential rating over other criteria?

2) I thought one change, and maybe I'm not remembering correctly, was to make a team less likely to drop players that had played with the team for a long time. The players I'm seeing dropped have been staples of the team roster for 7 seasons and are being dropped like a crack whore with an open sore on her face.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Not necessarily, but what I think may be a related question. My understanding is that this patch was to fix the draft when financials were turned off. Has something been changed recently with the way that the computer teams look at their players in general, whether finances are on or not? At the end of my last season, and after spring turning in my current, the computer teams dropped en masse quality, star players. The only thing that I could see in common was that these players all had Potential of 1, even though they may have had 4 out of 6, or more, ratings at 70 or above. We're talking All Star players, pitchers with winning records, players hitting consistently over .300, etc. If I posted the stats and ratings of these players I think there would be a number of surprised people. In many cases these players are habitual starters and are being released and replaced by draft picks. I'm sure there's some logic behind it but it is just shocking. It'd be like the Yankees releasing Ruth while he's still performing and replacing him with DiMaggio. Sure, the potential for stardom might be there, but are you really going to drop the sure thing in favor of the unknown. After all of this I have a couple of questions:

1) Has something changed that is giving more weight to the Potential rating over other criteria?

2) I thought one change, and maybe I'm not remembering correctly, was to make a team less likely to drop players that had played with the team for a long time. The players I'm seeing dropped have been staples of the team roster for 7 seasons and are being dropped like a crack whore with an open sore on her face.

Hmm, that is strange. Can you tell me more about your association configuration?
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

It's an historical association I started in 1900, no financials, no computer trades, early entry, expansion possible. I hadn't seen anything that looked out of the ordinary until the 1.84 series of updates. The first strange thing I noticed was at the end of the 1907 season when all of a sudden players were being dropped left and right (I can provide samples of these players if needed). These players were those I mentioned above, the type of player that I don't think a human player would necessarily hesitate in grabbing up. Then, like I said, it happened again after spring training. Teams were either demoting to the minors their key players or releasing them, and replacing them all with newly signed rookies. It didn't happen for every team, but it happened enough that it caught my eye (and I'm not one of the most observant players!). It's possible that it's all my imagination, but to see this happen kind of dampens the immersion because it makes no sense to me. I was able to snatch up Cy Young because he was released after 7 seasons with the same team, even though, in real world terms, he was still producing, and will still be producing in Puresim, as well.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

It's an historical association I started in 1900, no financials, no computer trades, early entry, expansion possible. I hadn't seen anything that looked out of the ordinary until the 1.84 series of updates. The first strange thing I noticed was at the end of the 1907 season when all of a sudden players were being dropped left and right (I can provide samples of these players if needed). These players were those I mentioned above, the type of player that I don't think a human player would necessarily hesitate in grabbing up. Then, like I said, it happened again after spring training. Teams were either demoting to the minors their key players or releasing them, and replacing them all with newly signed rookies. It didn't happen for every team, but it happened enough that it caught my eye (and I'm not one of the most observant players!). It's possible that it's all my imagination, but to see this happen kind of dampens the immersion because it makes no sense to me. I was able to snatch up Cy Young because he was released after 7 seasons with the same team, even though, in real world terms, he was still producing, and will still be producing in Puresim, as well.

It's a bug related to not using finances. I just fixed it and will get out a patch ASAP.
eric517

Post by eric517 »

I don't know whether to post this one here or in the Draft AI thread . . . but since I'm now using 1.85a I will post here. In a fictional association, the AI is still drafting scrubs in the amateur draft. Again, these teams have no financial constraints - they are only using less than half of their total finances.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

It's a bug related to not using finances. I just fixed it and will get out a patch ASAP.

Excellent! Thank you so much! I was hoping it was something related to not using finances and not just a general strangeness.
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: eric517

I don't know whether to post this one here or in the Draft AI thread . . . but since I'm now using 1.85a I will post here. In a fictional association, the AI is still drafting scrubs in the amateur draft. Again, these teams have no financial constraints - they are only using less than half of their total finances.

Another AI bug that I fixed this AM before heading to work. Thanks.
Bustoff

Post by Bustoff »

I am still having problems with the schedule calendar. Whenever I attempt to view the calendar for an association that uses team logos, the game locks up and I have to shut it down ungracefully.
"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

pbot

Post by pbot »

Getting back into Puresim after a couple of years away....

How do I turn down triples?  Can I adjust something in the XML?

Fictional career, finances on, 20 teams, started in 1982.  This particular association I tuned the XML to keep the 1983 settings for eternity.

The single season record is 47, it happened twice.  Then, inside of the almanac if I click on the season link to see the top 100 (or however many players it lists) seasons of triples...the minimum number to make the list was 33 in a season.  I had a similar issue with 1.85 (unedited xml), but setup a new association with 1.85a last night thinking that it might have been just a fluke.  All of the other single season records seem to be in line with what I would expect, triples just seem out of whack.

Btw, I think you've done some really nice things with the game. Looking forward to getting a long term career going.

Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Under the Home page you can use Options & Utilities to decrease the number of Triples, Home Runs, etc.
pbot

Post by pbot »

Thanks. Didn't know that option was in the game. So far, a 10 year test is looking much better now after using the triples setting...still some minor tweaking to do, but the triples have dropped into a reasonable range.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Oddly enough, I haven't had to change the settings for Triples at all. It has frighteningly accurate in my deadball association.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”