My Newest Template: 1936

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

KG Erwin

My Newest Template: 1936

Post by KG Erwin »

Last night I put together an historical 1936 season template, with 40-man rosters. I chose this year for two reasons: (1) it was the inaugural year of the Hall of Fame; (2) it was the rookie season for two legends, Joe DiMaggio and Bob Feller. Feller was just 17 when the Indians called him up. After the season ended he went back and finished high school.

I read on http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ that DiMaggio, at age 22, already had a previous injury issue which kept other teams from signing him. The Yankees took a gamble, and of course, the rest is history. What if, WHAT IF, another team had bought his contract from the Pacific Coast League's San Francisco Seals?

I'm strongly tempted to start a Brooklyn Dodger career association with this season, for one obvious reason (see above). [;)]
Orcin

RE: My Newest Template: 1936

Post by Orcin »

Neat idea, KG. I say go for it.

I always wondered what would have happened if Williams had been on the Yankees with the short porch in right field, and Joe D. had been on the Red Sox with the Green Monster (and his brother).

Of course, that doesn't do a thing to help the Dodgers. [:D]
KG Erwin

RE: My Newest Template: 1936

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: Orcin

Neat idea, KG. I say go for it.

I always wondered what would have happened if Williams had been on the Yankees with the short porch in right field, and Joe D. had been on the Red Sox with the Green Monster (and his brother).

Of course, that doesn't do a thing to help the Dodgers. [:D]

Muhaa-ha-ha. I made the deal, and Joe D. will begin his career in Dodger blue. This is not such an impossible deal, as Joe was flat out turned down by the Cubs (no surprise there, huh?). Truth being stranger than fiction, Dimaggio's first injury occurred off the field.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”