Warping TFs

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Remenents

Warping TFs

Post by Remenents »

I had just put together a BB TF in Pearl and I wanted it to follow a TF I had near Wake... after forming the TF and making sure it was fueled, I set it to follow at 0 hexes and ended my turn. On my next turn the ship magically warped all the way to Wake in 1 turn. When I took a look at the ship, all of them had sustained moderate system damage (20-40 damage each). All these ships were in perfect conditions before leaving Pearl, but after the "warp", they are damaged. It seems the computer raced them across the Pacific in exchange for the system damage. Has anyone else had this happen?
Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)
stuman

RE: Warping TFs

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: Remenents

I had just put together a BB TF in Pearl and I wanted it to follow a TF I had near Wake... after forming the TF and making sure it was fueled, I set it to follow at 0 hexes and ended my turn. On my next turn the ship magically warped all the way to Wake in 1 turn. When I took a look at the ship, all of them had sustained moderate system damage (20-40 damage each). All these ships were in perfect conditions before leaving Pearl, but after the "warp", they are damaged. It seems the computer raced them across the Pacific in exchange for the system damage. Has anyone else had this happen?

No I have not. I have been using all sorts of TF configuarations as Allies, but have not had that happen yet. Interesting.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Jonathan Pollard

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

Was the TF out of fuel after it finished its warp?  If so, the damage was probably from being out of fuel and not because of the warping. Severe system damage to TFs that ran out of fuel have already been reported.
erstad

Post by erstad »

I have had a TF warp faster than it should have. I posted saves, but don't recall seeing a reply.
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: Remenents

I had just put together a BB TF in Pearl and I wanted it to follow a TF I had near Wake... after forming the TF and making sure it was fueled, I set it to follow at 0 hexes and ended my turn. On my next turn the ships magically warped all the way to Wake in 1 turn.

This is the part that is frightening. BB's traveling at 100 knots? Something is not working the way the designer's thought it would. Hope you have saves...
vlcz

Post by vlcz »

At least only space warp jump for now... it could be worst...it could be Kirk Douglas with a Nimitz class CV from the 80's as in "The Final Countdown"[8|]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/
Remenents

Post by Remenents »

Lol. No, the TF had just been put together in Pearl and was full on fuel before warp. After warp, it still had enough fuel to patrol around Wake for 5-8 turns (not sure off top on my head, this happened a while ago now in my game). It was odd though, just suddenly went from outside of harbor at Pearl to all the way to Wake following a CV TF... I dont know.
Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)
Speedy Gonzales

Post by Speedy Gonzales »

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl
This is the part that is frightening. BB's traveling at 100 knots? Something is not working the way the designer's thought it would. Hope you have saves...

Were the ships sailors fused into the ship?

Just two Words: Philadelphia Experiment

Can't say more or the black helicopters will get me.
jomni

Post by jomni »

ORIGINAL: vlcz

At least only space warp jump for now... it could be worst...it could be Kirk Douglas with a Nimitz class CV from the 80's as in "The Final Countdown"[8|]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/

The Japanese has their own warping technology as well...
Zipang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipang_(anime)

Return to “The War Room”