movie The Windtalkers

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

davidmiller

movie The Windtalkers

Post by davidmiller »

Out of curiosity, has anyone see the new movie release called "The Windtalkers" yet ?? Like to know if it is worth seeing or not.
rabid lobo
Big Bill

Post by Big Bill »

Just got back from seeing the movie, I wasn't impressed at all. there was a lot of action but not realistic. Not much of a story line either

BB
AlvinS

Post by AlvinS »

David

Good to see someone from my area. I live in O'Fallon, MO. :cool:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
rosary

Post by rosary »

I'd say the movie is o.k. but would suggest just wait for the video.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Please dont spend $9.00 on this movie the ppl that made it might do something terrible....like make another one.

If you need to satisfy a warmovie fix then get Black hawk down on video or DVD or the much over looked No Mans Land is out on pay per view and soon on video and DVD.
It was my favorite movie of last year and one of the best war movies you will see.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Lots of blood...lots of good combat scenes, if your eyes are fast enough. Plot?...no plot, and what there was turned out to be totally unrealistic.

A Navajo Indian dresses in a Japanese uniform, sneaks through the lines, steals a Japanese radio, then uses it to call off deadly friendly fire?

PLEASE! :rolleyes:

Not worth your time. As has been said, wait for the video. I should have.

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
VictorH

Good War Movie

Post by VictorH »

Yes, Blackhawk Down is an excellent movie. I was really surprised by it, I was expecting a propaganda movie and got something entirely different. I didn't know what a total $%^UP, that particular mission was. No wonder the General in charge retired shortly afterwards. Ridley Scott sure knows how to make a good movie, Nomad's, Blade Runner, Gladiator, ....

Has anyone seen the Mel Gibson Movie about Vietnam, I think it was called "When We Were Young"? Is it worth seeing on DVD?

One war movie I saw recently that I thought was total crap was the one about the downed pilot in Bosnia, that had Gene Hackman in it.
chief

Post by chief »

Just returned from Windtalkers movie and I agree with all the above comments. I do have one question....why did they have to give Art coordinates in Navaho, even if the Japs could/did (UCLA bit) understand English they wouldn't have much time to move that Art away. If they were reporting movement of Jap forces then the enemy could have had valuable preinfo, but this was not the case in this flick. A real bummer never even chewed up one finger nail. NOw the other 2 movies, Black Hawk Down (4 finger nails) and "We Were Young Once" (6 fingernails). :cool:
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
PTBOAT

WINDTALKERS POOP

Post by PTBOAT »

SHAME SHAME ON WINDTALKERS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LAST MOVIES I HAVE SEEN that were war flicks have been so outstanding. Harts WAR top shelf; behind ememy lines; band of brothers and black hawk down; all great flicks!

now i dont like n. cage he is crapy actor and i cant stand his movies or his crummy acting. this is not like other ones he has made, very differant, expect its likke the Piece of crap pearl harbor movie that ben afleck single handly takes on hole japanesse air force ok not realistic enough at all!!

well this movie was worse then i anticipated and my thirst for ww2 picures still thirsty after movie was over, my opinion was that the same of the pearl harbor movie where one guy wins the battle with no help.

i felt like asking for my money back.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO POST ANY KIND OF WW2 INFORMATION OR JUST TALK TO ABOUT WW2 VISIT THE BELOW LINK;
http://pub96.ezboard.com/bworldwartwohi ... games91555

:D :D :D :D :D :D
ivantheterrible

Post by ivantheterrible »

I watched Mel Gibson's vietnam movie "We Were Soldiers" and I think it's worth watching
abradley

Post by abradley »

Originally posted by ivantheterrible
I watched Mel Gibson's vietnam movie "We Were Soldiers" and I think it's worth watching
A man of good taste!

Blackhawk Down, We Were Soldiers, and yes 'Pearl Harbor' were all good, each in it's own way.

I may be the only person in the world who like 'Pearl Harbor', maybe not-it's well up on the DVD sells to my understanding and my wife liked it (She didn't like 'Blackhawk Down or 'We were Soldiers')!
"This situation we face – Suicidal maniacs from a failed civilization want to murder us all, and most people don’t believe it is really happening – sounds like something out of a science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. But it is real. " ChicagoBoyz
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

*shudders at the sound of the movie Pearl Harbor*

I believe my friend put it best when he said the movie boiled down to a love story with a war in the back ground.
HerrGeneral

Post by HerrGeneral »

Well, if Wild Bill didn't like it, I will surely save my money.

Rod

Return to “General Discussion”