WITP Scenarios with AE ?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Richard III

WITP Scenarios with AE ?

Post by Richard III »

Can scenarios designed for WITP, including the stock scenarios the game shipped with, work with the AE ?

By this I mean can I take a saved Game, say the WITP 1941 Grand Campaign Dec 7 and drop it in the AE saves folder , and will that play with the AE interface enhancements ?

If that doesn`t work is there any other way to use a WITP designed Scenario under AE ?

TIA
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
wworld7

RE: WITP Scenarios with AE ?

Post by wworld7 »

I do not believe your ideas are possible.
Flipper
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

The scenario files are very different.  I suppose it would be possible for someone to extract the files to .CSVs with witpload, convert those files to AE .CSVs, then convert make AE scenarios with them with witploadAE.  However, they would be PBEM only.  The AI is very different between the two.  There would also be other limitations like you wouldn't have the maneuver bands for aircraft that you have in AE.

What you would have in the end would probably load, but it probably wouldn't be very satisfying to play.

A better fix would be for the modder community to take the old WitP scenarios then modify AE scenario 1 to approximate the OOB and start for those other scenarios.  It would take time to do though.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Thanks Guys, that`s really depressing news Bill, I`ve got many, many hours into modded/OOB corrected 1941 Grand Campaign scenarios in WITP and many more hours play testing and tuning them VS the AI...... No knock on the GC scenarios AE shipped with, but I just prefer the way the original one plays out in WITP, even with the sleeply KB after Dec 7.....oh well.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”