Australian Ground troop issue.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Remenents

Australian Ground troop issue.

Post by Remenents »

Its late Dec. 1941 and I have most of the troops in Australia over in Sydney so I could start moving them to PM and Guadalcanal. When I form an Amphibious TF or a Transport TF, I can not load ANY troops from Sydney onto them and I am not sure why. Fuel and Supplies will load, but that is it. No troops and no air units at all. I have 39 ground units there and none will load. Any help with this please? I really need to get some troops to PM ASAP.
Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)
Mynok

RE: Australian Ground troop issue.

Post by Mynok »

Restricted commands. You can't load troops assigned to them. You can't even re-assign one's with (R) by their names.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Remenents

Post by Remenents »

Oh son of a gun, I didnt even notice that *sigh*. How long does it take for that to remove? So basically I will need units from West Coast to reinforce this area, got it. Man, I have so, so, so much to learn still.
Deca

Post by Deca »

ORIGINAL: Mynok
Restricted commands. You can't load troops assigned to them. You can't even re-assign one's with (R) by their names.

That's what confuses me, I thought that those with the R can have thier command chain switched, then pay PP to move them?
Maybe I am confusing two different & unrelated things, but can elucidate on "R", switching commands, and paying the PP?

"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"
Remenents

Post by Remenents »

Ya, I thought after a certain amount of time has passed in the game, you could re-assign themso they are no longer restricted? I am not sure though. I just know that this puts a serious problem into the plans I was going to use...
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

You can reassign the restricted Aussie LCU's to an unrestricted command so you can move them, but it will cost you a lot of PP's to do it.  I sent one regiment of troops to PM (the most experienced unit) after changing their HQ and it cost me about 150 PP's.

You can also air transport them to PM but obviously not from Sydney, and they can't have any large items in their TO&E or they will get left behind.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

If the HQ name shows up in yellow, you can "buy it out".  If the HQ name is just text (no link), it is permanently restricted and cannot be loaded onto a ship.  You can air lift restricted units to another base of the same HQ.  So it's possible to airlift the Australia Command units to Port Morseby and then on to Rabaul, but bases in Northern Australia are scarce and transport planes are even harder to come by, so you can't move many troops that way in the early going. 

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

In WITP some of the Aussie Inf. Brigades would be " released" starting in early 1942 for free shipping to any Australian Command Base and all units on staggered dates after that. Is this no longer true John and Bill. ? It`s VERY expensive to convert PM and other Oz Bases to SWP so you can convert Aussie units. to SWP HQ`s.

Unless there`s a HUGH leap in received PP`s for the Allies mid game I think the Allied player will get Jammed up by that Game Change from WITP ...[X(]

Am I missing something here ?
Regard s
Rich
ORIGINAL: John Lansford

You can reassign the restricted Aussie LCU's to an unrestricted command so you can move them, but it will cost you a lot of PP's to do it.  I sent one regiment of troops to PM (the most experienced unit) after changing their HQ and it cost me about 150 PP's.

You can also air transport them to PM but obviously not from Sydney, and they can't have any large items in their TO&E or they will get left behind.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

IMHO, and in my much flawed mod, most of the Aussie Militia Bdes are starting at between 25% & 75% strength and some are tied to bases by Garrison units (wich I upgrade to combat units in 1943)   Free use of these Bdes are strictly ahistorical.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “The War Room”