Team Affinity

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Wrathchild

Team Affinity

Post by Wrathchild »

Has something changed in the way that the computer teams deal with the Team Affinity option? I remember vaguely something about a recent change that meant that teams were less likely to release players who had played with them for a number of years or something like that. At the end of my most reason season the computer teams went on a player release spree like I had never seen before. And they weren't just releasing poor players. They were releasing quality players who had played for them for almost 10 seasons and were still tearing it up. I noticed this because as I was doing the Amateur (Offseason now?) Draft I saw that the pool was littered with 'big names' from my association. I also noticed that in the draft the computer players are picking only players that would eventually be part of their team (I am using Early Entry), whereas in prior years it didn't seem to care about players that weren't historically accurate yet, even with the option on. Is there some relationship between what I'm seeing in the draft and the dumping of star players?
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

Return to “PureSim Baseball”