detailed battle & sleep

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Rexor

detailed battle & sleep

Post by Rexor »

Given the length of many detailed battles, I'm sure other people have run into this problem. I have often found myself in the middle of an involved detailed battle and had to leave it for a few days because of real life requirements. Yet when I reawaken the computer, I don't get the battle itself but the strategic map without the option of calling up the battle-in-question. After hours of playing the detailed battle in question, this is infuriating to say the least. How do I avoid this? Can I save the game and have it transport me to the battle in question upon reopening the game?
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)
Gil R.

RE: detailed battle & sleep

Post by Gil R. »

Yes, you can save your battles.

My guess is that the battle maps have been hiding in the background when your computer has come out of its rest -- I strongly doubt they would just close on their own.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Rexor

Post by Rexor »

OK, thanks. I'll give it another try...
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

that sounds like what can happen when you alt tab out of the game, and then go back, you get the full map at times and not the battle

either try alt tabbing again, or look toward the lower left of your screen, you may see something that looks like a closed window box, click on that and the battle map will come back up
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Regarding saves, be warned when saving during Detailed Combat when you reload the save, the game skips to the next turn and this can have unpleasent consequences when you are closely engaged.  Best times that I have found to save is the first night turn or the 4:00 AM turn or when entirely out of contact.
Rexor

Post by Rexor »

Thanks for the replies--I now understand what I was doing wrong. [8|]

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”