another HQ question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

another HQ question

Post by JohnDillworth »

Do units have to be in the same command structure to benifit from a HQ unit? I am moving the 1st Australian Corps HQ to Port Morseby. Do all the units have to assigned to that command to benefit or everything within range?
thanks
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
P.Hausser

RE: another HQ question

Post by P.Hausser »

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Do units have to be in the same command structure to benifit from a HQ unit? I am moving the 1st Australian Corps HQ to Port Morseby. Do all the units have to assigned to that command to benefit or everything within range?
thanks

No
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: P.Hausser

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

thanks

No

So there is no benefit to have a LCU tied to a certain HQ for combat other than when they share the same Planned Objective? Replacement benefit maybe? I find the whole who is assigned to what and benefits to be a little confusing....
FOW

Post by FOW »

IIRC it's been discussed several times over the last 5 years. It would be nice if the command assignment of LCUs did have an impact on HQ bonuses replacements etc etc, however it's not feasible with the current code.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: FOW

IIRC it's been discussed several times over the last 5 years. It would be nice if the command assignment of LCUs did have an impact on HQ bonuses replacements etc etc, however it's not feasible with the current code.

That's what I am getting out of the various threads. So there is no point ever to change LCU command assignment other than historical flavor?
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

I tend to assign SWPac bases to SWPac just for historical purposes, but I don't 'crowd out' the SoPac HQ bases once the CentPac offenses start.  It doesn't matter, though; you could assign every Allied base on the map to Northern HQ and it wouldn't change a thing.
morphin

Post by morphin »

For ship and LCU it doesn't matter but for AC!! (see manual)

Andy
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: morphin

For ship and LCU it doesn't matter but for AC!! (see manual)

Andy

So saving those PP's for AC and changing Restricted Commands it seems is all they are needed for.
morphin

Post by morphin »

No

Look here p214

Manual:
An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size
or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the SAME command as the base which is within range
can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the
same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: morphin

No

Look here p214

Manual:
An airfield can operate 50 single engine (or 25 two engine, or 12 four engine) planes per AF size
or 1 group per AF size. The best Air HQ of the SAME command as the base which is within range
can add its command radius to the number of groups that can be administrated, or if not in the
same command, the nearest HQ will add ½ its command radius to the number of groups.

Roger that Thanks
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

I don't think the "add command rating to base administration level" thing is working, then.  I've got the II US Fighter Command HQ (command radius 5) at Noumea and 7 squadrons there, none from that command (ABDA, Pacific Fleet, Marine and 7th Fighter Command), yet the airbase isn't considered overloaded (size 3).  There's no other HQ's anywhere near Noumea, so shouldn't the base be considered overloaded unless the HQ is helping out?

Oops, nevermind; II Fighter Command is embedded in the SWPac HQ structure, and Noumea has SWPac as the base command. IOW, it's not what the squadron HQ is, it's whether the air HQ is assigned to the same command structure as the BASE that determines if it gets the bonus.

So, it does help to assign all the bases to the same HQ as the air HQ in the area, but it doesn't matter if the squadrons are assigned to that command at all.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”