Conversion of Chitose and Chiyoda

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

It's November 1942 and I want the Chitose and the Chiyoda to convert to CVLs but they don't. Usually ship conversions happen at the first day of the month but not these two. They are disbanded at Hiroshima/Kure and as I said it's already 9th November. Anything I missed?
Q-Ball

RE: Conversion of Chitose and Chiyoda

Post by Q-Ball »

In WITP, it was sufficient to just have the ships disbanded at Osaka, and they converted, like it or not.

I think AE is different; you order it to happen on the ship display. It's not 'automatic". Did you try that yet? The order would only be available if a large enough shipyard is avail, but Hiroshima should qualify.
TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

In WITP, it was sufficient to just have the ships disbanded at Osaka, and they converted, like it or not.

I think AE is different; you order it to happen on the ship display. It's not 'automatic". Did you try that yet? The order would only be available if a large enough shipyard is avail, but Hiroshima should qualify.

Pre-defined conversions should happen automatically if the conversion button is set to YES. There's about 120000 tons free dock yard space available. Some 80000 supplies are also available, but I don't know if they are necessary.
The ships should convert with these settings. I had a few ships (DDs -> APDs, DDs -> Es) that converted automatically with these settings.
Hokum

Post by Hokum »

Isn't this conversion like the xAKL to PB though?
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

No, the CS -> CVL conversions are just upgrades, not conversions. I assume this is to ensure that they show up when playing against the AI as the AI does not do conversions in the normal way.

I have no idea why they arent converting though.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

If it is truly an upgrade isn't there a maximum damage limit? I think it was < 5 sys damage in Witp. Have not determined if that is different now or not.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

ORIGINAL: JuanG

No, the CS -> CVL conversions are just upgrades, not conversions. I assume this is to ensure that they show up when playing against the AI as the AI does not do conversions in the normal way.

I have no idea why they arent converting though.

This pre-defined conversion is an additional part of an upgrade (11/42) but the player is able to decide whether he wants the additional conversion or not by pressing the YES/NO button.
ORIGINAL: Mynok

If it is truly an upgrade isn't there a maximum damage limit? I think it was < 5 sys damage in Witp. Have not determined if that is different now or not.

The ships are in perfect shape. No damage at all. They have not been moved from Hiroshima/Kure for at least 2 months.
Bearcat2

Post by Bearcat2 »

Which scenario?&nbsp;
Does this apply?
6.5.2 HOME BASE FOR REFIT/REPAIRS
[font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]
When the Production option is turned off and a partial map is being used, each nationality will have a Home Base automatically assigned that the ship travels to when traveling off map:
[/font]
[/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Australian goes to Sydney[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]New Zealand goes to Auckland[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Japanese goes to Osaka/Kobe[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]US types, China and Philippines goes to Pearl Harbor[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Soviet Union goes to Murmansk[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Other Allied nationalities goes to England[/font][/font]
&nbsp;
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

A save?
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Termite2

Which scenario? 
Does this apply?
6.5.2 HOME BASE FOR REFIT/REPAIRS
[font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]
When the Production option is turned off and a partial map is being used, each nationality will have a Home Base automatically assigned that the ship travels to when traveling off map:
[/font]
[/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Australian goes to Sydney[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]New Zealand goes to Auckland[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Japanese goes to Osaka/Kobe[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]US types, China and Philippines goes to Pearl Harbor[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Soviet Union goes to Murmansk[/font][/font]
»
[font="myriad pro,myriad pro"][font="myriad pro,myriad pro"]»[/font][/font][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"][font="helveticaneue condensed,helveticaneue condensed"]Other Allied nationalities goes to England[/font][/font]

I believe this applies to small map scenarios where the mentioned port is not on the map.
TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

That's correct Don, it's Scen1.
I will post a save in the Tech forum later today, after work.
Thanks
Tom
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: JuanG

No, the CS -> CVL conversions are just upgrades, not conversions.

True, but only for the Chitose and Chiyoda. The Jap human player gets the option to convert the Nisshin and Mizuho in the normal manner.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
TheTomDude

Post by TheTomDude »

Save posted in the Tech forum:

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”