v1084 - Unit Fragments

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Montbrun

v1084 - Unit Fragments

Post by Montbrun »

v1084, Allied vs. Jap AI:

1) "Black Force" is fragmented in Aden. I had transported this unit to Aden to recombine with 7th Australian Division when it arrives. The small fragment shows as being a "Base" under the "Type" column.

2) The 109th USN BF at Hilo has done the same thing. The small fragment shows as being a "Base," and at 0,0. The bulk of this unit shows as being on one of my TFs, which has been disbanded and recreated several times. It seems to be pointing to a certain ship. I've tried several things now to alleviate this problem, but nothing has worked.

3)The Jap AI has a force of about 12 TFs NE of Brisbane, the bulk of which are cargo-types, headed to PM, with no troops, supplies, or apparent reason to head to PM...

Save:

Attachments
wpae014.zip
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
geobaz

RE: v1084 - Unit Fragments

Post by geobaz »

I am also seeing unit fragments. I sent a US BF that was assigned to SE asia on transports from the Eastern USA to Cape town. Only a fragment arrived. The "base" unit under the unit OOB is show as being at 0,0. Same result with two SeaBee units I sent to Balboa. Both arrived as fragments, with the "base" shown as being at 0,0. Seems to be an issue sending units from the main map to off map bases...[&:]

This game was started under the beta patch and has been updated to 1084 and the 1084 hot patch.

I also have a ground unit "stuck" on a transport. I can see the unit when I look at the ship, but when I put the ship in a transport or amphib taskforce, there is no "unload" option available. The unit is a sub unit, an AA unit I pulled from one of the Tahiti islands, and it only has two guns in it. I don't see how to get it ashore...
geobaz

Post by geobaz »

Here is a pic of one of the fragments at Balboa

Attachments
Unitfragment.jpg
Unitfragment.jpg (79.31 KiB) Viewed 42 times
geobaz

Post by geobaz »

Here is a pic of the unit on the ship

Attachments
Unitstuckonship.jpg
Unitstuckonship.jpg (122.61 KiB) Viewed 42 times
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

The base fragment problem is being looked at as I saw the same thing in my game against the ai. The base frag disappeared when the ai finished unloading its troops.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

Do you any more saves of this? I'm at 1084e with me as Allies and AI as Japanese and just unloaded the 18th Div at Batavia. 53rd Bde shows a Base fragment at 0,0 at this moment. Before executing there was 50 Support left on the xAP. I have saves available from every turn before this happened.

/BPRE
geobaz

Post by geobaz »

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

The base fragment problem is being looked at as I saw the same thing in my game against the ai. The base frag disappeared when the ai finished unloading its troops.

These fragmented units were fully unloaded at the off map ports, transport fleets disbanded.
medicff

Post by medicff »

Read somewhere and have tried with success sometimes that when a unit is unloaded (no frags on ships) that it shows in organization that there is a fragment in the task force still. If you change the operational mode (combat to move, etc) then the run the turn the unit will no longer show a fragment that is non existent. I have had it work several times this way.
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

Thanks medicff,

I tried toggling the OpMode (from Combat to Move? and back). Don't know if that made it or if it would have happened anyway but after executing the next turn the fragment was gone and the unit is complete.

/BPRE

Return to “Tech Support”