1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost)

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Frozen Stiffer

RE: 1.84 RC2 (Speed Boost)

Post by Frozen Stiffer »

Shaun,

I hadn't touched the .XML file, so I can scratch that from the list of "What If..."s. For some reason, and I haven't a clue where I got that from, I was under the impression that RC2 was more of a "patch" than a stand-alone install.

I'll uninstall everything then do a fresh RC2 install and post results here.
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

FS, the release candidates are complete installs. Make sure you get the latest one (RC3). I've been overlaying these on top of older installations, and haven't had any problems. However, I DO recommend running Disk Defrag after each overlay, just to make sure things don't get scrambled up. I say that because my primary HD is 6 years old, and is only 40GB.
Frozen Stiffer

Post by Frozen Stiffer »

Thanks for the catch, KG. I hadn't noticed RC3. I'm D/Ling that one as we speak... err, type. 

rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Dang. Somebody needs an upgrade. [:D]
Frozen Stiffer

Post by Frozen Stiffer »

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

Thanks for the catch, KG. I hadn't noticed RC3. I'm D/Ling that one as we speak... err, type. 
  • Uninstalled v1.83.
  • Installed v1.84 RC3.
  • Booted up one of my long-time associations (started back in PS2005!) and it went through a lot of long updating. First to current version, then it compacted the database. Once done, it came up fine and has worked without issue. It DID however scramble my lineups and rotations, but I was able to fix that easily. Still, it annoyed me.
Anyway, all seems well now. I'll report any issues (hopefully none) in the appropriate RC3 thread.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”