Just Bought The Game

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
pzpat

Just Bought The Game

Post by pzpat »

Some newbie questions:
. I extracted 1.50 and opened it in the program. How can I tell if that's the version I'm playing? It doesn't tell you which version has been loaded.
. In starting the grand campaign I noticed that the German artillery and armor levels are at 1, but that MOST infantry and panzer units are at level 2. Trusting that this is just an error, will this be fixed at some point? This forces me to play the Polish invasion as a separate game, and start the campaign game in 1940, which I am doing now as my first real game. This is what's happening so far (March 1941):
. One event gave me the Afrika Korps (DAK). I wanted to send it to El Agheila (which is spelled differently in the game), but when it left Tripoli suddenly it could move only 3 hexes and then only 1, and I could never get it there (El Agheila was still in Italian hands and not surrounded)--plus,the supply level sucked. How to overcome that?
. On more minor notes:
. How do I change the place names on the map? "Antwerpen" is cute, but "Lviv" is just wrong.
. As my panzer corps raced into Scotland to Aberdeen I noticed that the English had abandoned the island. I saw just one division and one air unit in northern Ireland, and saw that there were TEN English divisions in northern Norway! Does this happen often?
And my 3 German divisions there are now being joined by 10 or more Italian divisions, very strange.
. When I invaded Yugoslavia my allies plunged in after me. I found that they just got in the way unless I was way ahead of them and there was never any hope of any coordinated actions. It was just a big clusterf free-for-all. Could there be a way of controlling their actions once they become allies? It seems now that the only way of doing so is to make all potential allies human-controlled from the beginning of the game, which would make the game last forever.
. Lastly, how do I get Germany access to a Mediterranean port once Vichy France is declared? The DAK wasn't the only German unit sent to Africa.
. I'll thank you for the answers in advance. [&:]
gwgardner

RE: Just Bought The Game

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: pzpat

Some newbie questions:
. I extracted 1.50 and opened it in the program. How can I tell if that's the version I'm playing? It doesn't tell you which version has been loaded.

check the lower left corner of the opening screen, if not there, then it will be in a patch coming up (oops, I see 1.6 is available now! go get it. You'll have to restart your game though, since it's not backwards compatible.)
. In starting the grand campaign I noticed that the German artillery and armor levels are at 1, but that MOST infantry and panzer units are at level 2. Trusting that this is just an error, will this be fixed at some point? This forces me to play the Polish invasion as a separate game, and start the campaign game in 1940, which I am doing now as my first real game.

Not necessary to start in '40. I think those overpowered units in '39 were by design. The British have some extra-strength units too in '39. Any new production, however, would be limited by the current tech level.
This is what's happening so far (March 1941):
. One event gave me the Afrika Korps (DAK). I wanted to send it to El Agheila (which is spelled differently in the game), but when it left Tripoli suddenly it could move only 3 hexes and then only 1, and I could never get it there (El Agheila was still in Italian hands and not surrounded)--plus,the supply level sucked. How to overcome that?

YOu'll need to set up a supply convoy from an Italian port to Tripoli. I THINK each country has to have a convoy for its own units, so that the Italians will need their own supply convoy. The farther a unit is from a supply source (city), the less action points it will have. If you get more than about 10 hexes from a city, you start to suffer seriously from action point loss, and effectivity.
. On more minor notes:
. How do I change the place names on the map? "Antwerpen" is cute, but "Lviv" is just wrong.

The developers are Polish. I think they tend to use place names per the native language, not Anglicized versions. Thus Lviv is correct, for instance.

You can change such names in the data files.

. When I invaded Yugoslavia my allies plunged in after me. I found that they just got in the way unless I was way ahead of them and there was never any hope of any coordinated actions. It was just a big clusterf free-for-all. Could there be a way of controlling their actions once they become allies? It seems now that the only way of doing so is to make all potential allies human-controlled from the beginning of the game, which would make the game last forever.

At any point in the game, you can hit F11 or F12, and change from AI to Human controlled for any country.

When a country becomes a member of an alliance, I usually do an F11 and take control.
. Lastly, how do I get Germany access to a Mediterranean port once Vichy France is declared? The DAK wasn't the only German unit sent to Africa.

Have to load on transports in some Axis controlled port in the Med, and transport the unit across to a port in North Africa, probably Tripoli.

Once the unit is loaded on a ship, you have to go into the fleet management windows to move it across. You have to 'select' the transport, when it arrives in port, in order to unload it.

Hey, how about doing an AAR on your game?

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”