Where did the train go?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

Where did the train go?

Post by JohnDillworth »

I moved the Australian 6th division to Perth, combined them, put them in strategic mode, waited to turns and sent them twords Brisbane. About the 2nd day in they are in the middle of the desert, they have been switched to move mode instead of strategic mode, and they are now marching twords Brisbane. Where did the train go and why can they be automatically switched from strategic move to regular move? Bug?

Attachments
train.jpg
train.jpg (124.22 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
vlcz

RE: Where did the train go?

Post by vlcz »

ummm it seems you have an active japanese fifht column out there, apply countermeasures quickly!!!  [8D]

BTW I had same problem in karachi-calcuta transit (a most used route) a couple of times, happily there is no such a long way to re-embark in another city as in the australian desert...[8|]
Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger »

while they're happily marching across the desert why not set them t oplan for something useful? I'm pretty confident that they wont be assaulting Aden anytime soon.

And i do wonder how they're getting supplied out there - the transport to feed and water them would be at least enough to haul them somewhere.

Bug i say. Kill it!!!
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Bug it is me thinks.  Change the destination, and am sending 600 miles to the nearest train station.[:@]  I am quite irritated though as this unit was essential to my strategy in the SW pacific.  I have been on this game for about 3 weeks and now I will have to trash it because of this bug.

Bad developers, bad!![:-][:-][:-]
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Bug it is me thinks.  Change the destination, and am sending 600 miles to the nearest train station.[:@]  I am quite irritated though as this unit was essential to my strategy in the SW pacific.  I have been on this game for about 3 weeks and now I will have to trash it because of this bug.

Bad developers, bad!![:-][:-][:-]

Which hex is the unit in?

If you have any save games, especially from just before this happened, could you please post them in the support forum?

Thanks,
Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

M2A2

Post by M2A2 »

Where did the train go??????

I can shed some light here at least.

The Ghan railway ran from Adelaide to Alice where it terminated. 
In 2004 the section between Alice and Darwin was opened. Better late than never.

Why the program sent you up there as a viable route to Brisbane ..... that's gotta be a bug.
That was not necessary,
Guns are a last resort, we're Phantom Agents
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

68, 151  The oldest save I have still has the unit stuck.  Looks like it has been there 2 weeks.  I already posted the best save I have in the hope that someone can get the unit out of the desert.
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

OK, found older saves, zeroing in on it now, should have one that is close. Additional info. When I put it on the train it was going to Syndney, while on the train I changed the destination to Brisbane. This is probably when the problem started.
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Got the turn before it went bad, and the turn after.  Both in the support forum.  BUG!!!
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

repeatable bug with save file and instructions for reproducing posted in the support forum.

And the best kind of bug! If there is such a thing. An entirely repeatable bug. Just load up the turn before, let the turn run and the train disappears right out from under an entire Division! and a good Division! Defenseless! The Aliens come right out to the desert and snatches the train without anyone firing a shot! Anybody remember the series Firely? I think something like that happened there. Or maybe a balloon bomb got the train?
BigJ62

Post by BigJ62 »

Found the problem.
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
FOW

Post by FOW »

I've seen similar but less drastic events in southern Oz. A couple of units moving from Adelaide to Brisbane took the road (3 hexes a turn movement) straight across instead of the train (10 hexes a turn). sorry no saves.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”