beginner seeks beginner

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Frandoxxx

beginner seeks beginner

Post by Frandoxxx »

I am new to WitPAE but have played some of the original WitP as well as UV and WPO.
I am an old timer to war games going all the way back to Avalon Hill's Guadalcanal and Gettysburg games.

I am also an old timer to PBEM having played many, especially John Tiller's games PBEM.

I seek another beginner to play against since that to me is both the best way to learn the game (school of hard knocks) and best way to have fun as well if both players are not at all sure what they are doing! [:D]

Other player can pick scenario and rules, but would prefer to play GC with China active.

Any true novice interested let me know.
baghdadbob

RE: beginner seeks beginner

Post by baghdadbob »

I am in the same boat as you... novice to AE with some experience in Witp although I am a newbie to PBEM... I would be interested in GC as allies. I am looking for a begginner to play against to help me learn the neuances of the game.
Athius

Post by Athius »

If any of you are still intrested: Iam a total beginner that is looking an opponent
collingwood

Post by collingwood »

Hi there Iam new to WITPAE but not to wargaming,would prefer to play as ally for the grand scenario,if you are interested please send me your first move.Collingwood aka Tommy
Onyx

Post by Onyx »

Hey guys. If any of you are interested in setting up a game. I'm willing. I'd prefer to be the allies. the Japs and the production situation just scares me.
Frandoxxx

Post by Frandoxxx »

I now have two games set up, both as the Japanese. People really want to play you when you are willing to confront the Japanese production demands![:D]
stuman

Post by stuman »

The title to this thread sounds like an ad in the Personals section in my newspaper. NOT that I have ever placed an ad there, or look for people there, or ...nevermind.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

TheHucks

Post by TheHucks »

I'm also looking for an opponent to learn the ropes with.  That manual burns.  Smaller scenarios to start I guess?  Anyone?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet intakes.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: stuman

The title to this thread sounds like an ad in the Personals section in my newspaper. NOT that I have ever placed an ad there, or look for people there, or ...nevermind.

Yeah right... Shore you havn't. [:D]
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
findmeifyoucan

Post by findmeifyoucan »

Wow, me too. Avalon Hill, how about SPI, there old War in Pacific Game on 9 count em map sheets or the old USN one map sheet board game with complexity rating of 8.1 on a scale of 1 to 9! Yep, I played them all too and also new to this PBEM stuff but would love to play.

Tony
bspeer

Post by bspeer »

"old War in Pacific Game on 9 count em map sheets"

The NEW WitP2 from Decision Games is on my wall as I write!
bs

"That’s impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades." Hermann Göring
findmeifyoucan

Post by findmeifyoucan »

Well, I would be willing to give the Japs a shot as I have never played the Japs before and new to WIPAE although not a novice to War in Pacific type games as well as the old WIP game. I am also very new to PBEM.

I would want to play the full campaign though Scen 2 on day turns.

email me if interested, findmeifyoucan@me.com

Tony
findmeifyoucan

Post by findmeifyoucan »

Really, did they remake that board game from SPI located in New York that went bankrupt called War in the Pacific on 9 mapsheets and more than 2000 counters with logistics that you needed a computer to figure out, lol??

Tony

Return to “Opponents Wanted”