To Patch or Not to Patch

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rossj

To Patch or Not to Patch

Post by Rossj »

There are a lot of posts about problems with the initial release of AE
The public beta patch I presume has fixed those initial problems,
but now there are a new crop of problems
Is it better to wait until the official patch comes out or does the good out weigh the bad?
witpqs

RE: To Patch or Not to Patch

Post by witpqs »

I have the beta patch from the first or second day. I recommend going with it. Frankly I'm uncertain if it really introduced any new bugs or if the things we are finding here and there are just 'still around', so to speak. On the whole definitely better than the initial release (which is still pretty darn good). I presume the official patch 1 will be even better than the beta patch 1 as they are fixing a lot of stuff we report.

I say go for the patch!
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

We're still running our 2x2 game (Joe, Nik, Rob, Tony) without putting in the 1083 code, so "not to patch" is also a viable option!

Really depends on the player and the experience desired. None of the problems reported with the initial release have caused problems in our game, so we aren't so motivated to patch.

Generally, being a software guy, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to upgrading ANYTHING that I do not have to upgrade. Like all my machines are various flavors of XP, no Vista for me!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger »

umm. i patched. if i could go back..... i would! the non scrolling map when setting search arcs or any window open is a pain for me. and the fixes i dont really notice. All a matter of preference i guess. Next time i'll let some other nob discover the new bugs.

Return to “Tech Support”