Why won't my S boat rearm trops

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Why won't my S boat rearm trops

Post by Chris21wen »

I have two AS parked in Broome so why won't it rearm. Note it has 4 sys damage.

Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (219.59 KiB) Viewed 35 times
tigercub

RE: Why won't my S boat rearm trops

Post by tigercub »

port size!

Tiger!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

6000 tons docking space is available to a level 2 port, you will either have a level 8/9 port to rearm torps, of put a AS with supplies there...
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Maybe your AS is in short supply.
Moreover I think you have to dock the sub.
you will either have a level 8/9 port to rearm torps

Level 7 too (reading the manual).
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I have two AS parked in Broome so why won't it rearm. Note it has 4 sys damage.

Chris, your screen shot doesn't show the AS ships, it shows the base screen. The AS need supplies loaded into the ships themselves to rearm subs, once you do that it won't matter what the port size is. I've rearmed subs from an AS at level 1 ports before; just make sure you've got supplies on board the AS (and AD and AGP's) and they will rearm their respective ship types they service.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Chris,

See pages 284 thru 288 in the manual (20.1.2.2 Ship Rearmament at Port Table). You need a combination of a large enough port AND naval support to be able to reload weapons unless your port size is 7 or larger when you can relaod just about everything. You could have 10 AS in Broome and they would not work.
[center]Image[/center]
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Chris,

See pages 284 thru 288 in the manual (20.1.2.2 Ship Rearmament at Port Table). You need a combination of a large enough port AND naval support to be able to reload weapons unless your port size is 7 or larger when you can relaod just about everything. You could have 10 AS in Broome and they would not work.
Umm ... not exactly true ny59giants. It is EITHER the raw Port Table OR a suitable tender from the tender column. An AS, with an appropriate amount of supply, will rearm subs, even in a port-1.
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

In old WitP the presence of the AS was sufficient. In WitP AE the AS must have the supplies on board. Make sure the AS is loaded, set to Do Not Unload, and you can either disband her in port (she'll keep the supplies on board) or keep her in a TF.
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Umm ... not exactly true ny59giants. It is EITHER the raw Port Table OR a suitable tender from the tender column. An AS, with an appropriate amount of supply, will rearm subs, even in a port-1.

DUH!!

Now I need to look into AEs and AKEs more closely.
[center]Image[/center]
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

It wasn't port size as I had two AS tenders in the port although only one had any supply (which I now know is required to rearm). Neither was it supply at the base. I did say system damage was 4! This is my error I was looking a x0 against the num on Mk 21 trops. No tubes, I read it wrong as no armmo.

Doh
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

I was thinking you could not dock to load supply.

Tiger!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”